The Great Orange Rip_off

schmokinn

this is more of a warning for anybody using orange mobiles in the u.k.

orange will surcharge you 25p per minute to ring cheap international call numbers.

they tell me it is the call company who are surcharging them,but after talking to the company i understand it is not uncommon for them to do this.

pure bullshit in rip-off britain

they have now stitched me up for over £60

asked how they justify this"no comment"

am i pissed...i am bloody raging,if only it was possible to reach down the fone and pull them through :o

and simply because i do not accept there answer they label me aggressive and rude...the get out for everybody on the fone these days

ah well 9days till touchdown in l.o.s.

wahey

this is more of a warning for anybody using orange mobiles in the u.k. orange will surcharge you 25p per minute to ring cheap international call numbers. they tell me it is the call company who are surcharging them,but after talking to the company i understand it is not uncommon for them to do this.

Differing (higher) per-minute prices for making an international call to a mobile number is common everywhere. Sometimes a long distance provider will explicitly provide both rates (mobile/fixed line), sometimes they will bury the difference in a footnote.

When considering talk plans anywhere, a calculator comes in handy as a lot of these little schemes to make you pay more are hidden somewhere in the figures. Orange here in Thailand is always running some kind of new talk plan or promotional advertisement but when you compare the numbers, it's either no different than the previous plans they offered or even more expensive. You have to also consider your talk pattern as some plans get you for more if you make a call after 5pm.