British Man And Wife Attacked By Fighting Gang In Pattaya

Rimmer

In the early hours of September 13th 2009 a British man and his wife were attacked and robbed while trying to drive past a gang of Thai youths who were fighting in the street outside the Xzyte Pub on Pattaya’s Third Road.

Pattaya police were informed at 5.00 am and investigator Pol.Lt.Col. Tawatchai Sudsahorn dispatched a team to investigate. At the scene, the police found Ms. Prapa Kunwichai [24], from Udon Thani and 38 year old Mr. Paddy Keill (surname not confirmed), a British national, both suffering from wounds to their bodies.

Police questioned Ms. Prapa, who said they had been riding their motorbike from Walking street, heading home to North Pattaya. Outside the Xzyte pub they had to slow down to avoid a gang of teenagers fighting in the street. The gang members seemed to think that Mr. Paddy intended to run into them so, unexpectedly, they started to attack him. She tried to help by begging the attackers to stop, but they attacked her too and took her bag which had fallen to the ground. The gang disappeared with the bag containing 2000 baht in cash, a mobile phone and personal documents.

Ms. Prapa said she remembered the faces of the attackers well and would have no trouble identifying them. Police alerted patrols in the area to try and catch the gang but without success.

The victims were sent to hospital for treatment and later filed their case at the police station. Police hoped Ms. Prapa would be able to identify her attackers from police files or with the help of photo sketches so that they could be captured and brought to justice as soon as possible.

Source:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010348

:) what's all these senseless attacks on farangs lately?????????

are drugs involved??????

why these attacks in most big cities??????

why all these gang clashes???????

can anyone explain??????? :D

I think this type of boorish ruffian gang type behavior is common amongst idle, bored, and/or jobless male youths in many countries. I have read that it is particularly prevalent in

Britain (especially amongst a certain subset of the country's sports fans), the home country of one of the alleged victims, so the attack probably came as something less than a shock to him.

Riding home on a bike at 5 am in the morning probably puts one at a little more of a risk of being the victim of a crime as well.

:D what's all these senseless attacks on farangs lately?????????

are drugs involved??????

I think this type of boorish ruffian gang type behavior is common amongst idle, bored, and/or jobless male youths in many countries. I have read that it is particularly prevalent in

Britain (especially amongst a certain subset of the country's sports fans), the home country of one of the alleged victims, so the attack probably came as something less than a shock to him.

Riding home on a bike at 5 am in the morning probably puts one at a little more of a risk of being the victim of a crime as well.

Well That will be ok then....he put himself "at a little more of a risk of being a victim of crime"....."the attack probably came as something less than a shock to him"

What a thoughtful sympathetic soul you are!!!.... :)

I hope he and the wife get over this sad affair.........nobody should have to suffer such cowardly attacks.....anywhere.

I guess I am getting old, but I like to party and I take girls home every night. Pattaya is happening from 9pm on, I just don't see why you need to stay out till 5am when the late/early hours are when most of the sh_t happens...........here and in most countries. If you haven't had your fun by 2am staying out longer wont help

Edited by Lost in LOS

:) what's all these senseless attacks on farangs lately?????????

are drugs involved??????

you need to change your reading material you are about 30 years out of date!