Hotel Room Burgled – Camera And Euros Stolen

britmaveric

Hotel room burgled – camera and euros stolen

It's not known how the burglar or burglars had gained access

At 10.30pm on March 16, Gerardus Van Der Sfeen, a fifty seven year old Dutch man and his Thai girlfriend, not named, went to Pattaya Police Station and met with Police Major Prateep Tongdee, inquiry inspector, to complain that their hotel room had been burgled.

They explained that they were staying on at White Inn on Soi 15 and went out around six pm that evening. On their return, around 9pm, they discovered that the room had been ransacked and a digital camera and 250 Euros had been taken.

It's not known how the burglar or burglars had gained access. The Police Major filed the report and promised to investigate the matter further.

-Pattaya People

Hotel room burgled – camera and euros stolen

It's not known how the burglar or burglars had gained access

At 10.30pm on March 16, Gerardus Van Der Sfeen, a fifty seven year old Dutch man and his Thai girlfriend, not named, went to Pattaya Police Station and met with Police Major Prateep Tongdee, inquiry inspector, to complain that their hotel room had been burgled.

They explained that they were staying on at White Inn on Soi 15 and went out around six pm that evening. On their return, around 9pm, they discovered that the room had been ransacked and a digital camera and 250 Euros had been taken.

It's not known how the burglar or burglars had gained access. The Police Major filed the report and promised to investigate the matter further.

-Pattaya People

Something a bit strange here....it took one and a half hours to report it and there were no signs of forced entry........just enough money stolen to fall within an insurance claim (usually about £150 to £200 in cash)....or am I being cynical? :o

Same thing happened to me years ago at the Intown Holiday (35mm camera). I reckon it was the hotel staff. Needless to say ever since I've taken anything valuable with me or left in the safe deposit box.

Edited by britmaveric

Reminds me of a story in the Post some years ago about a room maid breaking into room safes after watching an episode of Mcgyver on TV, where he left a touch of dust on the touch pads to see the finger prints later...

The guy messed up his room and claimed it was broken into.  I bet they paid him what he claimed to have lost as well.  No doubt.

doubt he will have got a penny from the hotel, most of em have signs saying what you leave in the room is yer own responsibility :D

I got food poisoning @ the charoen hotel in udon a month or so ago, they were prepared to get the police involved as I was refusing to pay for the food :o Funnyest thing was, with all the fuss over the food, they forgot to charge a half day which was twice the cost of tha tucker :D

Edited by Joey Boy