Thai Character Encodings In Firefox.

withnail

I like to have Thai character encoding turned on so i can see Thai characters on webpages particularly this forum. However no matter how many times I change it it always reverts back to Western. How do I make Thai encoding the default option?

Also is there any difference between the three different Thai encodings that I have a choice of?

I like to have Thai character encoding turned on so i can see Thai characters on webpages particularly this forum. However no matter how many times I change it it always reverts back to Western. How do I make Thai encoding the default option?

I have this problem too.

Under Tools / Options / General / Languages, I've got Thai and then English/UK, and under Default Character Encoding, I've got Thai (Windows-874).

But if I look under View / Character Encoding, it is often Western (ISO-8859-1).

I also have Auto-Detect off, so I don't know why it keeps going back to Western. It may be that the web site forces it to change. I don't know how to stop that, if that is the case.

There is a discussion of this problem here:

http://www.squarefree.com/2004/07/09/chara...g-ui-in-firefox

and here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181541#c61

I think it's the same problem. Maybe it'll get fixed soon.

Also is there any difference between the three different Thai encodings that I have a choice of?

No idea I'm afraid - I just picked Thai Windows because it sounded right. Maybe one of the other two will fix the problem. If I've got time, I'll play around with these settings.