Phuket Air Cancel All Uk To Thailand Flights!

daveb1

Hi all we were due to fly with Phuket air in Aug had a call from our travel agent today saying all flights from UK to Thailand have been pulled. So whats gone wrong, problems with planes? have they gone broke? anyone know. We will get all our money back which is good news! :o

Phuket Air ran an advert in the Bangkok Post a couple days ago announcing that they would be flying Bangkok - Amsterdam, commencing 26 March. I wonder whether they pulled the London route and substituted Amsterdam(?).

Hi all we were due to fly with Phuket air in Aug had a call from our travel agent today saying all flights from UK to Thailand have been pulled. So whats gone wrong, problems with planes? have they gone broke? anyone know. We will get all our money back which is good news! :o

Believe me its a blessing in disguise.

I flew with them recently and the plane was an old KLM cast-off that propably had more miles on its clock than Starship Enterprise.

When we stopped at Sharja to refuel, one the "chav" brit passengers, was abusing an Arab member of the ground-crew who came on to service the toilets etc.

As i understand it one of the Brits was accusing him of being an "Iraqi Terrorist"

An argument ensued and it ended up 2 brits fighting amongst themselves in the aisle whilst the Air crew took photo's of the whole incident.

Both Brits were removed from the plane and that was the last we saw off them, for all i know they are still in prison in the United Arab Emirates.

Never been so embarrased to be English.

I suggest you check ebookers, they have great deals on Emirates flights at the moment.

I flew with them recently and the plane was an old KLM cast-off that propably had more miles on its clock than Starship Enterprise.

When we stopped at Sharja to refuel, one the "chav" brit passengers, was abusing an Arab member of the ground-crew who came on to service the toilets etc.

As i understand it one of the Brits was accusing him of being an "Iraqi Terrorist"

An argument ensued and it ended up 2 brits fighting amongst themselves in the aisle whilst the Air crew took photo's of the whole incident.

Both Brits were removed from the plane and that was the last we saw off them, for all i know they are still in prison in the United Arab Emirates.

I suggest you check ebookers, they have great deals on Emirates flights at the moment.

Thanks got a good deal with eva evergreen delux am quite glad we are not flying with Phuket air!! :D

Hi all we were due to fly with Phuket air in Aug had a call from our travel agent today saying all flights from UK to Thailand have been pulled. So whats gone wrong, problems with planes? have they gone broke? anyone know. We will get all our money back which is good news! :D

Thanks got a good deal with eva evergreen delux am quite glad we are not flying with Phuket air!! :D

:o Does anyone have any more about cancellations from Phuket Air? Over the weekend have been unable to obtain any further information. Phuket offices in BKK and London closed, unbelievably the Gatwick Airport website gives a telephone number for Phuket Air, which turns out to be ZIM Air.

hi all I heard about the new rule for passengers with flights starting in GB and it said that if the airline cancels then the passenger is entitiled to a fixed penalty payment from the airline, and I believe the penalty for long haul passengers is £400+ does this cancellation come under these new regs

hi all I heard about the new rule for passengers with flights starting in GB and it said that if the airline cancels then the passenger is entitiled to a fixed penalty payment from the airline, and I believe the penalty for long haul passengers is £400+ does this cancellation come under these new regs

I think you will find that this only applies if cancelled within 15 days of the flight date...

Nice :o I booked a flight to Bangkok on the 1st of April and guess what? I have to fly with Phuket Air from Amsterdam to LOS. Ah well, can't be worse than my first experience 15 years ago when I flew with TAROM and had to wait for 15 hours in Bukarest without any food or drinks in the airport. This was considerable cheaper than Thai or EVA and they threw in 2 nights hotel and transfer. A long as I get there....

Very strange indeed as last Friday I received a letter from my travel agent informing me that my LGW to BKK flight scheduled for July 30th had been put back one hour to 3pm.

I think a phone call is needed first thing in the morning.

Dugdale

Edited by dugdale

Very strange indeed as last Friday I received a letter from my travel agent informing me that my LGW to BKK flight scheduled for July 30th had been put back one hour to 3pm.

I think a phone call is needed first thing in the morning.

Dugdale

Hi we had the same phone call about our flight followed a couple of days later by another call saying all flights have been pulled.

Spoke to my travel agent (Trailfinders) this morning who informed me that they have been contacted by Phuket Air who are currently "revising their summer schedule" and are advising agents not to accept any new international bookings for this carrier.

Trailfinders are not yet informing passengers as they have not yet been told that the flights are to be cancelled. They have, however, held seats for me and my family on EVA (£500 more for the whole family) and Etihad (similar price) as a precaution.

They will contact all their passengers as soon as they have more information from Phuket Air.

Dugdale

Phuket Air ran an advert in the Bangkok Post a couple days ago announcing that they would be flying Bangkok - Amsterdam, commencing 26 March.  I wonder whether they pulled the London route and substituted Amsterdam(?).

Yep, talked to a Bangkok travel agent two days ago whose clientele is mainly from Holland. He confirms they pulled London route to fly from Amsterdam and he books all of his customers on Phuket Air Adam-bkk route.

The planes (B747/300) are ex-KLM and leased to Phuket Air, I forgot the leasing co name. Need a refuel stop on bkk-adam route.

No way I will fly them....