Thailand Traffic Cops Asked To Shape Up

george

Thailand traffic cops asked to shape up

BANGKOK: -- Overweight traffic cops in Thailand's capital have been asked to shape up in six months, says Xinhua.

The directive came after a medical check up showed that almost half of the total number of Bangkok traffic policemen had high levels of cholesterol.

If these policemen don't lose weight or get cholesterol back to normal level in six months, they will be given desk jobs, Bangkok Post Friday quoted Metropolitan police chief Parnsiri Prapawat as saying.

A recent medical check for Bangkok's 4,150 traffic police showed that 49 percent of them had abnormal cholesterol levels and at least 72 percent were too fat.

Besides, some 85 police officers had waist sizes larger than 40 inches, including some with 47 to 49 inch waists, said Chamroon Montri, deputy metropolitan police chief.

At least 72 of these 85 officers were still managing road traffic, he said.

--Indo-Asian News Service 2005-03-19

Thailand traffic cops asked to shape up

BANGKOK: -- Overweight traffic cops in Thailand's capital have been asked to shape up in six months, says Xinhua.

The directive came after a medical check up showed that almost half of the total number of Bangkok traffic policemen had high levels of cholesterol.

If these policemen don't lose weight or get cholesterol back to normal level in six months, they will be given desk jobs, Bangkok Post Friday quoted Metropolitan police chief Parnsiri Prapawat as saying.

A recent medical check for Bangkok's 4,150 traffic police showed that 49 percent of them had abnormal cholesterol levels and at least 72 percent were too fat.

Besides, some 85 police officers had waist sizes larger than 40 inches, including some with 47 to 49 inch waists, said Chamroon Montri, deputy metropolitan police chief.

At least 72 of these 85 officers were still managing road traffic, he said.

--Indo-Asian News Service 2005-03-19

Loosen up the shirts! :o

Thought process:

"I can lose weight so that I can continue to stand outside in the middle of the road directing traffic in the heat and the pollution, or stay the way I am and get a nice desk job in an air conditioned office. Which will I prefer?"