Jealous Thai Wife

david96

Why are Thai wives insanely jealous of an ex wife? Heard this the other day, wife keeps on claiming that ex wife contacts him by phone and visits him while she is at work, claims he gives her money and wants to return to her.

He has been divorced 6 years and has not seen his ex wife for more than 2 years and he has only seen her in public, not to speak to.

Her Thai friends do not help and spread gossip and rumour, she believes them and not her husband. It is affecting his marriage and it now occurs every second day or so.

He has been told by some of his friends to get rid of her as soon as possible. He is getting to the stage where he may snap as everyone has a breaking point. She has been at him for the last 2 years.

Seems to be something to do with a Thai womans thinking process, it is quite common I believe.

She does not understand the seriousness of the problem.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a touch of insecurity and selfishness to me. If it's getting him down and she believes everything her friends say over him (which they have a habit of doing), then I'd be calling it a day if kids weren't involved.

I think he hopes she will leave him shortly, he has to be careful otherwise there could be a DV issue.

He has made statements to his solicitor on the matter as what has been said by the Thais border on slander.

And here is another one!

Thai wife goes to Thailand from Australia to visit family for 1 month, goes to a fortune teller at a Wat and is informed that her husband is having an affair with a young girl.( A Japanese exchange student was staying with them).

Comes back from Thailand and accuses him of it, and has a go with him with a knife.

All the time is is innocent, lucky there was no damage. They are still together but only just.

Seems to me that Thai women have a real problem.

The minor wife syndrome perhaps?

Where he lives all the Thai women fight amongst themselves and none can be trusted to keep their mouth shut.

What i would do is confront the friends in front of the wife.....be nice but firm.......explain the situation and that its hurting the relationship!

Another question would be....have her friends an agenda?....why are they making matters worse for their friend? :)

Or maybe her friends see something you and his wife don't......is he being a good boy?

It took me ten years in Thailand to find a good wife. My experiences tell me that the two fatal flaws in a partner are gambling and jealously. Those flaws are worse than drugs and they don't/can't change. You may think that jealousy is cute but it smothers you after a while.

It took me ten years in Thailand to find a good wife. My experiences tell me that the two fatal flaws in a partner are gambling and jealously. Those flaws are worse than drugs and they don't/can't change. You may think that jealousy is cute but it smothers you after a while.

one of the big factors i see in a thai/farang relationship is the constant fear(thai wife/gf) that other thai women will take the farang away,its a constant insecurity with thai women,and not without some foundation imho.

my wife before i met her had 3 underwear shops in a centre in bkk ,one day when she was working in the shop her thai man came in drunk with another thai girl , without even thinking she pulled out a gun from the draw and shot him in the arm hence she spent 6months inside and a lot of money by the family was payed , when it comes to another woman she just goes crazy , but she has been good to me .

cheers

one of the big factors i see in a thai/farang relationship is the constant fear(thai wife/gf) that other thai women will take the farang away,its a constant insecurity with thai women,and not without some foundation imho.

Very true,jealousy and fear of losing to another!

Dated a girl in Bangkok that was like this,i couldn't go anywhere alone...woke up one morning to find i had no smokes so said was popping down 7/11 for a pack.....

had to wait for her to shower,dress,make-up.....all for some smokes....that was the last straw and soon after we sadly parted....nice girl but couldn't live like that...

:)

I think he hopes she will leave him shortly, he has to be careful otherwise there could be a DV issue.

He has made statements to his solicitor on the matter as what has been said by the Thais border on slander.

And here is another one!

Thai wife goes to Thailand from Australia to visit family for 1 month, goes to a fortune teller at a Wat and is informed that her husband is having an affair with a young girl.( A Japanese exchange student was staying with them).

Comes back from Thailand and accuses him of it, and has a go with him with a knife.

All the time is is innocent, lucky there was no damage. They are still together but only just.

Seems to me that Thai women have a real problem.

The minor wife syndrome perhaps?

Where he lives all the Thai women fight amongst themselves and none can be trusted to keep their mouth shut.

At this point she would be out the door with NO chance of returning,."Comes back from Thailand and accuses him of it, and has a go with him with a knife."

Very true,jealousy and fear of losing to another!

Dated a girl in Bangkok that was like this,i couldn't go anywhere alone...woke up one morning to find i had no smokes so said was popping down 7/11 for a pack.....

had to wait for her to shower,dress,make-up.....all for some smokes....that was the last straw and soon after we sadly parted....nice girl but couldn't live like that...

:)

"Very true,jealousy and fear of losing to another!" this is true, however replace the word "another " with "the breadwinner " and its more to the point, ,. ....

my wife before i met her had 3 underwear shops in a centre in bkk ,one day when she was working in the shop her thai man came in drunk with another thai girl , without even thinking she pulled out a gun from the draw and shot him in the arm hence she spent 6months inside and a lot of money by the family was payed , when it comes to another woman she just goes crazy , but she has been good to me .

cheers

And you stay with a woman with that potential,? bizzare, i liken it to having a pitbull thay can snap at any time, :) ,wouldnt be for me,.

This goes back to the reason my wife had 1 Thai friend only in the States.

Most of her other friends were from South America.

Enough said.

Same in the UK,we were there for 4 years ..when thai women get together all they do is try to out do each other with a show of material wealth, or start a gambling school, my wife didnt mix with any, but our friends had some serious problems to the extent where at least one wife was stealing off her husband to gamble,.

Last person on the planet I wish to see is the Ex. :)
ME too !,seems thai women arent able to part on good terms, my thai wife was amazed when in the uk we went to see my ex english wife and her husband, completly alien to them it seems,.my ex thai wife is like a lunatic if she sees me and cant control herself, weird,.

cheers

I'm surprised she told you this.

Be careful mate.

And you stay with a woman with that potential,? bizzare, i liken it to having a pitbull thay can snap at any time, :) ,wouldnt be for me,.

Pitbulls are the most loyal and loving of all animals.

the reason they are outlawed in the US and UK is cause dealers hide their stash under their collars.

P.c Bloggs: "ello ello. Fido, whatya have in your collar?"

Fido: ..SNAP!

And jealousy is somehow a Thai-only characteristic?

No but the intensity is on another level here than other cross cultural relationships I had..

The fact that their financial security often comes from you alone, the fact that finding another woman (quality variable I admit) is as easy as falling over, the fact that after a certain age their chances of meeting another farang or even Thai guy are slim, all leads to a long fall from grace that can happen to the Mia Farang who breaks up.

In nearly all these extreme jealousy cases the women are from "the industry ",they trust no one,and have serious issues that can result in killing you for something they have imagined ,.......and yes i was a recpieint of attempted murder by one,. :)

I cannot agree that they are "nearly all from the industry"

My GF (and never been in the industry) is always going on about my Thai wife even though I haven't seen her for more than five years.

All this bullshyt such as "yes I stay with you but she stay in your heart"

Take a look at this link http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=2586 it explains a lot about the psyche of Thai women.

Obsessive jealousy bordering on paranoia is very hard to live with :D

No but the intensity is on another level here than other cross cultural relationships I had..

The fact that their financial security often comes from you alone, the fact that finding another woman (quality variable I admit) is as easy as falling over, the fact that after a certain age their chances of meeting another farang or even Thai guy are slim, all leads to a long fall from grace that can happen to the Mia Farang who breaks up.

Well, I have to respectfully disagree (not with your personal experiences, but as a general statement on Thais).  I have seen egregious cases of jealousy in many places in which I have lived or stayed and from many demographic groups, to include Korea, the US, Mexico, Nigeria, Canada, the Philippines, Russia, Columbia, Brazil, Jamaica, and Spain.  In Korea, in fact, I have seen insanely violent domestic rows caused by jealousy. And I personally knew a woman murdered in Russia by her jealous husband.

Jealousy is a common human characteristic, and I really don't think it is restricted to Thailand.  

Absolutely not. The most possessive and actually dangerous female I knew was in the UK. Attractive, intelligent and quite capable of attacking anyone she felt was a threat to here relationship. Was relieved to get out of that one, and have never met behavior in a female which comes close to that here in Thailand.

Not bashing UK women in any way, just trying to balance this thread out a little.

Re-locate,seperate or put up with the nightmare.

Absolutely do not put up with this crap. Setup certain rules and make sure your family comes first, including your kids from previous marriage. And also let her know you can help your ex if you want and is really not her place to tell you what to do

Do not let her know how much money you really have since it is really about money and she thinks she own everything you have.

This are some of reason why you probably are divorces and you need to set up proper setting for you life

cheers

And you stay with a woman with that potential,? bizzare, i liken it to having a pitbull thay can snap at any time, :D ,wouldnt be for me,.

Please don't associate a Pit Bull with a Thai wife, I have both and love them both dearly as they dearly love me. :)

And in the background there could well be the schemers stirring the sh*t for their own reasons such as jealousy. They could well be jealous of this relationship and doing their best to undermine it.

Yes, there could be something going on that others see.

Thailand is a great place for schemers and gossips who love nothing better than to cause problems and then sit back and watch the ?fun? develop.