Stun Guns For Sale

bartender100

how does it work, how good?

My wife is a lot afraid in the night.

And how much does it harm (I might get shoot every second time I go pee in the night)

where exactly did you buy it?

Can it somehow tested?

I know you can shoot the next soi dog, but I am too peacefull for that....

Things must be quiet resurrecting year old topics.... :D

Anyway i bought 2 of the big ones (flashlight size) for 1500 baht the two about 3 months ago. :o

And how much does it harm (I might get shoot every second time I go pee in the night)

Can it somehow tested?

Anyway i bought 2 of the big ones (flashlight size) for 1500 baht the two about 3 months ago. :o

The ones i bought are about 9 inches long and cylindrical they dont "shoot" anything ............what they have are 2 electrodes sticking out one end when you press the button the "spark" shorts between the 2 electrodes so you have to touch whoever or whatever with the electrodes to give the shock.

Mine came with a charging unit that plugs into the mains to recharge .

As for buying one just sit at any bar if you wait long enough you will get a Thai asking if you want to buy one.

Can it somehow tested?

The ones i bought are about 9 inches long and cylindrical they dont "shoot" anything ............what they have are 2 electrodes sticking out one end when you press the button the "spark" shorts between the 2 electrodes so you have to touch whoever or whatever with the electrodes to give the shock.

Mine came with a charging unit that plugs into the mains to recharge .

As for buying one just sit at any bar if you wait long enough you will get a Thai asking if you want to buy one.

I am reliably informed that UK customs now treats these the same as real guns and if caught at Thiefrow with one it will mean jail time.

Seconded and don't even think of bringing in one to Australia, we aren't even allowed to have a *&%$#@8 slingshot, even though there are shootings nrly every day here in Beirut. :o

One good thing..... it's Leb shooting Leb. :D

I am reliably informed that UK customs now treats these the same as real guns and if caught at Thiefrow with one it will mean jail time.

Agreed..............there was a guy who got jail time a while back at Hull magistrates court for trying to bring one into the UK

Not quite sure what the score would be if you were to send the electrodes back seperately and reassemble them.

I always figured they were of low quality. When I was there last Oct, there was a fool selling them on pretty much every corner. One dude said if I gave him 500 baht, I could shock him with one... idiot. :o .

I am going back in 6 days though, I find Pattaya like any other place, just use common sense and a little street smarts and you'll be perfectly fine.

I have tried out 3 of these units - one flashlight one and 2 of the rectangular ones.

all were weak as piss , I could put them on my arm and press the button and hold it there no problems.

in my opinion they are only for looks and unless you scare the attacker with it its not going to stop them.

I have tried out 3 of these units - one flashlight one and 2 of the rectangular ones.

all were weak as piss , I could put them on my arm and press the button and hold it there no problems.

in my opinion they are only for looks and unless you scare the attacker with it its not going to stop them.

Hmmm thats the problem, until you test it on someone can't be sure what you have. Perhaps might be worth it just buy the proper ones, 500,000 volts. (less than 50quid online)

Anybody know if any place is selling expandable batons? Great self-protection weapons. Carry this along with some pepper spray and you can take down even the most obnoxious drunk.

I see these expandable batons being sold by the vendors on Beach Road all the time. Usually they are on a table with the num-chuks, brass knuckles, and phony pistols. Also saw them for sale in Bangkok on Sukhumvit not far from Soi 11.

Whatever happened to good ole battery acid, or a good squirt of ammonia from a fairy liquid bottle. No finness these days.

Back home in the U.S. some women use EASY OFF OVEN SPRAY for self defense. That oven cleaner has some kind of caustic solution in it and can shoot 6 or 8 feet. Wrap a piece of sticky shelf paper around it and it could pass for hair spray.

I had a electric fly swatter thats shaped like a tennis raquet confiscated from me at Sydney Airport last month,a bloody fly squatter,a real weapon?

I brought two of them back to the U.S. with me a couple of weeks ago. Customs didn't check me, don't think there would be any problem with them - who knows? I got the biggest one I could buy that would still fit in my check-in bag. They were pretty cheap at the Big "C" in Pattaya.

I think those bug zappers are kind of neat, never saw them for sale back in the states. Two of my neighbors want me to pick up one when I return next month.

• 3 years later...
Anybody know if any place is selling expandable batons? Great self-protection weapons. Carry this along with some pepper spray and you can take down even the most obnoxious drunk.

All the markets have at least one guy selling various versions of the extendable batons, both solid and spring types + knuckle dusters, zap guns, knifes and more. Never seen pepperspray for sale in Thailand though.

Is anyone aware of the legality of sending brass knuckles to the UK? A close friend of mine has asked if I could help him out by sending him a pair and, despite my best efforts to dissuade him, he is quite convinced that he needs/wants them. I have explained to him that if I am at all fearful of sending them then I wont risk it, so I would appreciate any advice regarding the legality or logistics of sending such an item!

All the markets have at least one guy selling various versions of the extendable batons, both solid and spring types + knuckle dusters, zap guns, knifes and more. Never seen pepperspray for sale in Thailand though.

Is anyone aware of the legality of sending brass knuckles to the UK? A close friend of mine has asked if I could help him out by sending him a pair and, despite my best efforts to dissuade him, he is quite convinced that he needs/wants them. I have explained to him that if I am at all fearful of sending them then I wont risk it, so I would appreciate any advice regarding the legality or logistics of sending such an item!

I know in the U.S. you will get hosed for sending in an illegal weapon. I would think the U.K. would not allow the knucks either. Australia is another no go.

Why resurrect on old thread (2006) that has very little connection to the subject discussed today?

A new thread would have done as well.

(And Thaiflyer complained in 2006 that this was a resurrected thread. Is it a vampire that can't be killed? James, more garlic please!)

don'ttake them home, Irish guy got caught with 5 he took back to sell, got 2 years

Got two years what? Community Service?

No chance of doing any bird for a few smuggled stun-guns in the U.K. you'd probably get off with a caution if you had no previous.

don'ttake them home, Irish guy got caught with 5 he took back to sell, got 2 years

Got two years what? Community Service?

No chance of doing any bird for a few smuggled stun-guns in the U.K. you'd probably get off with a caution if you had no previous.

was in the Irish newspapers, 2 years nick, apparently they consider stun guns as firearms

This thread seems to have commenced in 2005 . But I do know they were openly for sale on Beach Road at several stalls in Jan - Feb this year 2009 , & in Bangkok at Markets & have been for years. Expandable Batons & OC (Pepper Spray) also available at the same places.

Does it matter ??? legal in Thailand , if not legal in your own country dont take 'em back.

:)

AFAIK both stun guns, batons and pepper spray are illegal in Thailand but as with so many other things it's enforced very selectively.

How about 'Mr Muscle' Oven Cleaner?

This seems a very popular choice of self-defence weapon for middle-classed professionals walking alone after sunset in N.East London?