Ramadan Is Over, Open Season For Arabic Food

Jingthing

I noticed some of the Muslim oriented restaurants in Thailand are closed over Ramadan. It ended yesterday. Just an FYI. I'm going out for Arabic tonight!

Did not miss out on anything that those restaurants were closed.

It is higly uninteresting the ramadan ended.

I will most certainly not do that.

Never.

Stop making me hungry. THough from my experience Ramadan was no reason to sto eating, Everywhere I have been that observe it the resturaunts are full of people holding threads up to the light to decide when they can start eating the feast allready spread out on the tables.

I noticed in Pattaya some of the Muslim oriented places had shut for the month. I was surprised to see it.

Is camel soup really a common dish? It doesn't sound too appealing but with the proper seasoning, why not?

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed in Pattaya some of the Muslim oriented places had shut for the month. I was surprised to see it.

Is camel soup really a common dish? It doesn't sound too appealing but with the proper seasoning, why not?

Suggest you try a camel steak, if you can get hold of it, if you do please let me know, I havent had one in years.

Camel meat is a bit sweet and not particularly to my liking, but some ppl like it alot. I've seen it mainly used at ceremonies but I know of one restaurant (outside Thailand) that only serves Camel meat in a variety of dishes.

Edited by pampal