Condo Built Higher Than Allowed At Survanabhumi Airport Area

2009-09-26 15[/url]:17:31' post='3036917']

Gents,

Just thought i'd chip in here.

i'm thinking of buying a condo here on the 14th floor, a friend sent me this link and it's a bit worrying.

As I rent here anyway i've been down to the juristioc office and spoken to them, they have given me a letter from AOT that states that there is no requirement to knock down the two top floors(15/16) of this building, they state the reason as being that it would cause unecessary disruption and inconvenience to the owners, the only requirement that AOT have of prestige condo is that they install new warning lights on top of their building.

This documnet is available in both thai and english from the office at PC3.

as with everything in Thailand I would suggest that the document isn;t worth the paper it's writtin on, there's nothing saying that they won't chnage their mind in the future.

Thks for the update. I agree that the document isnt worth the paper its written on. AOT and even the cabinet have changed their minds very often on Survanabhum and compensation to the landowners. Noting too that letters from Thai authorities are written in Thai and translations between the lines are lost along the way and then into Chinese, it becomes worse. I have also wonder whether the other government departments will chip in too. My fellow thai co-owners mentioned that there was also an insistence to knock down the two floors and AOT does not have encompassing rights to bypass the Building Control Department. The main point is that the Developer did wrong. But this is Thailand. Things will be brought up discussed and nothing done. So the co-owners now have to dig into their pockets and buy new warning lights on top of the building and if and when there is an accident, AOT will say that is not my problem. I am only in charge of Height dangers at the surrounding airport areas. They were too High, so I told them to put in Christmas tree type aerials. I am Innocent. Look for the Building Department. They are responsible to compare the actual heights completed and the submitted plans. And the Building Control will say...by the way... the officer in charge of this project have retired. The developer did wrong. They built wrongly. And by the way..... this developer company already closed down ? And finally the Insurance company will say... Why.. Me Pay ?..... Insurance dont cover Illegal installations. Complain to the Police Department........? And the round of litigations will go around again and again. I read about the Pattaya case at VT project at Jomtiem. Its sad for the co-owners. Maybe the in the interests of the co-owners, the Developers should approach the various government bodies and admit their mistakes and then pay up the fines and put everything correct.

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

L and M = ? PPS= ? Could you give me the unabbreviated names so I can check up on them for data.

L&M system belongs to a public-listed construction company in Singapore called L&M group. The mother company in Singapore was taken over by Suharto's son in 1996, and after the 1998 riots in Indonesia, Suharto was disposed. The company went down hill and was de-listed a few years back. The Bangkok office was closed in 1998.

PPS website: http://www.pps.co.th/pps_profile.htm

Thanks again for the reply on L & M. So best way is still to get the architectural plans. I doubt the developer will co-operate of course.

just a note for all those unsuspecting buyers. It is very troublesome to drop a rope or line from the top of the condo to the ground or use a measuring instrument. I have some friends who are in property development. They say that one good rule of the thumb is to go to the condo units at the higher floors and compare with those floors lower. The higher floors are usually built lower (height from the floor to the ceiling ) as the developers try to squeeze as many units as possible and try to make the condo height dont seem to exceed greatly. Well, as we grow older we need to learn more.

• 4 weeks later...
I bought a condo unit near the Survanabhumi Airport, just off Bangatrad Road. I bought this condo because of the facilities available. Golf course, Clubhouse facilities and also because I want to be near the airport as I travel very frequently. I found out recently on the condo Notice Board that the Condo was built higher than what was allowed by the authorities. It is two floor highers. The authorities have written to the condo management office and have asked for the two floors to be taken down and said the condo is too high. Also they want the co-owners of the condo unit in the meantime to install different Airplanes Warning Lights Systems than what they had earlier installed. It will cost a lot of money and will have to come out from the co-owners sinking funds. My friends who bought the penthouse units are now having second thoughts because the authorities will want to remove the two floors eventually and therefore they will lose their units through no fault of their own. The condo is a hazard to planes landing and taking off. I understand that the developers have been in financial trouble and not sure whether the company which they used to build the condos have been winded up or not. The condo is more than 10 years old.

The developer have built the condos higher than what is allowed. The buyers of this project now felt cheated. We also wonder why the relevant authorities allowed his building to have its licence when it is built higher than what has been allowed in the plans.

Can the Co-owners sue the developers still even though they may have closed down their company. Can the co-owners also sue the government authorities in charge of taking care of the building permits of the condo ? I think there is a law stating that if it is too long , you cannot do anything to the developers or those relevant persons in charge? Some of us have just bought the condos over the last few years and we do not know anything about this condo being built higher than what is allowed and want to seek compensation from the developer.

Any comments appreciated . By Popular

Never Ending Problem once you get a Bad Developer. I just heard that the Condo is fighting now to get back their rightful land as shown on their Chanote titles. There are neighbouring townhouses built by Thanacity which intruded into their land beside their carpark. I heard that these townhouses were verbally informed that these land belonging to the Condo are free for them to extend their gardens !!! Hahahah. These townhouses were also built by the same Thanacity Developer. I read about co-owners who do not pay their maintenance fees. The developers of these condos also own some units at the condo and they do not pay the maintenance fees too ! Listed Company in the Stock exchange. Etc etc etc. Do not give a hoot to all these big names. They conveniently forget about the Condo Laws.

This is Thailand. ( TiTs )