Novice Needs Help

peterjay

help needed :) --First -is it possible to revert to English when playing a Thai daubed cd/dvd .

My computer does not have a dvd regional code--is there any advantage in selecting an area.

Last for the moment--we are experiencing problems in installing down loaded games--they will not run.

Looking forward to being educated

You cannot revert a Thai dubbed cd/dvd unless it has multiple language tracks. Your other option would be to do a google search for English subtitles.

we are experiencing problems in installing down loaded games--they will not run.

What exactly do you mean? The games refuse to install; or the games do install but don't run? Please elaborate if you will... And what downloaded games are you referring to? Some titles would help.

help needed :) --First -is it possible to revert to English when playing a Thai daubed cd/dvd .

My computer does not have a dvd regional code--is there any advantage in selecting an area.

Last for the moment--we are experiencing problems in installing down loaded games--they will not run.

Looking forward to being educated

CD's (VCD) unlikely as they usually only have 1 audio track.

Pretty much all DVD's will have the original audio track on it as well.

Evey DVD program (or dvd player) will have somewhere in the menu a section called audio tracks, where you can change the audio being used.

Most Asian region DVD's will have a few Asian languages along with the original.

Same goes for the subtitles btw.

With the region codes of the DVDs be a bit carreful. Many DVD drives and DVD playing software allow only a certain time to change the region code. So if you play a DVD from the European (2) market and then one from the US (1) market and then one from the European (2) market and...you might be fixed to one market (region) after a while ;-) There are of course tools to reset this. But they are not standard.

In respect of most DVD copies you get in Thailand you do not need to worry. Since it is impossible to burn the DVD region code on a DVD they will all have 0 (DVD region codes can only be pressed on DVD). The copies are all burned and not pressed. And region code 0 does not count as change.

Even some not fake DVDs have code 0 when the producer does not care that his DVD will flood all markets at the same time. And again - code 0 does not create any problems.

The idea of the region codes was that the producers can control the market release. As so often with multi media in the computer world they did not care so much about the consumer when they had this idea...

Thanks for help--son did not list games but I understand he down loaded several but on trying to install

had message--problem could not run.Will try to be more specific but I cleared all traces in the hope of starting new would improve the situation.