Where To Buy Dell Lcd Monitors?

Corey

Does anyone know a shop that sells Dell monitors?

Dell notebooks are everywhere and even the computer sets with Dell monitors are easy enough to find. What I want is the Dell SP2309W (23") monitor.

I called their toll-free number on Thursday and was told it was 6,999 baht (7489 with VAT) delivered and would arrive 7-10 days after payment. When I called today to order it he said they don't sell it. I'd have to purchase it from a retailer. When I asked where he didn't know. Maybe Panthip 2. I found one shop in Fortune Town that sold it (for 7,999 baht) but they were out of stock.

I'd prefer a shop in (or near) Pattaya but I'm willing to go to Bangkok to pick one up if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Corey

Edited by Corey

why not samsung

A Samsung would be my 2nd choice. The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 would probably be my first choice, but it is out of my price range. This Dell, though, has higher resolution, full input support (VGA, DVI-D, HDMI) and a built-in webcam. And if their customer support is the same here as it is in the US and UK, they offer advance exchange for 3 years. When my WD hard drive failed after just over 1 month, I had to wait over 3 weeks for a replacement!

Someone mentioned recently that they had good experiences with purchasing Dell products from Dell Malaysia website. Don't know if that is an option for you.

All Dell products that we sell come from Malaysia as well, so I think that's the main source of Dell in Thailand.

Tuk.Com on Pattaya Sai Thai (near the intersection with soi Bukaow) is a mini version of Painthip Plaza and might have what you are looking for.

They do not nor does Wattana on Central Pattaya Rd. And even worse, the shops that sell Dell laptops and PCs would not even order the monitor for me. Everyone's business is down but the shops won't let me give them money! Amazing.

... And even worse, the shops that sell Dell laptops and PCs would not even order the monitor for me. Everyone's business is down but the shops won't let me give them money! Amazing.

It's very likely that the shops you asked cannot even order them. The two main Dell distributors in Thailand have not been offering monitors for their resellers for almost 6 months now. Don't ask me why, they don't even seem to know themselves!

The two main Dell distributors in Thailand have not been offering monitors for their resellers for almost 6 months now. Don't ask me why, they don't even seem to know themselves!

There is one shop in Fortune Town with them. Maybe they are bringing them in from out of the country. When I looked at their flier, though, what they list as the 2309W is certainly not the same as the SP2309W that I was looking for. The specs are lower. When I checked out the Malaysian Dell web site the SP2309W wasn't listed. Maybe that model is not available in Asia.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a Dell Monitor, you can try Pc Pu "Personal Computer Peripheral Units" in Fortune Town. Their number is 026420797 or 0840831177. Below are the prices in the flier:

E190S: 5,590

SP2208WFP: 10,900

2309W: 7,900

2408WFP: 21,900