Typhoon Ketsana: Thailand On Full Alert For Flash Floods

george

Rains have hit Si Sa Ket, but not as bad as we've seen before, yet...

Major concern out here is the rice harvest. It looked like the folks here were at last going to get a good season after a couple of years of it hitting them bad. Everybody here is worried that they will now lose it, as it's their main / only source of income.

:)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rains have hit Si Sa Ket, but not as bad as we've seen before, yet...

Major concern out here is the rice harvest. It looked like the folks here were at last going to get a good season after a couple of years of it hitting them bad. Everybody here is worried that they will now lose it, as it's their main / only source of income.

:)

These are the people that are going to be hit the hardest. Good luck seemed to have favoured them this year with the promise of a good harvest.

I sincerely hope it does not hit them too hard my prayers are with them.

No problems here in Pattaya, we are used to muff diving. :)

I did notice much stronger than usual winds, here in South Pattaya, at 06:00 AM. Also the sky looks like very heavy and low dense overcast. The little hairs on the back of my head tell me that there will be lots of water coming down over the next 24 hours.

Just be sure; I have put a little reef in my main-sail . . . . ha, ha, ha.

:D Cheers,

JGK-The Sailor

Pattaya

Why is everyone in Bangkok and those planning on travelling to bangkok so bloody scared? Relax people Bangkok is in the south but I guess you bangkok people have the map upside down. There is more to Thailand than Bangkok, and Pattaya.

If you think bkk is going to escape untouched think again.

We have strong strong winds here on Koh Samui.

Not the normal winds this time of year. :)

Smile... When the shit hits the fan,- smile again...

Remember 'Life of Brian'? ALWAYS LOOK AT A BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!

When it pours, think of it being warm, not cold.

Think of no wildfires danger.

No dust storms.

No drought problems.

Plenty of rice.

:D Don't worry. Be happy.

It's expected to hit the NorthEast and the North, but everything people in this thread are talking about (incl. 95% of the article) is Bangkok. Somebody around here a little selfcentered maybe?

The shower bands extend down across BKK and the Thailand Gulf. It is a very slow moving storm, which means lots of rain. At least the winds are dying quickly. I hope anyone down stream from the mountains and hills has a safe place to go.

No dust storms.

No drought problems.

Plenty of rice.

This is a serious topic to many on here. Why do we have to have the likes of you drag it down and make light of it?

People in certain areas could lose everything they need to support themselves and all you can do is make a joke of it.

If you can't post something sensible then stay off this thread.

Edited by cyb

No dust storms.

No drought problems.

Plenty of rice.

This is a serious topic to many on here. Why do we have to have the likes of you drag it down and make light of it?

People in certain areas could lose everything they need to support themselves and all you can do is make a joke of it.

Any Chance of an up-date... I just woke up and started to get a bit worried till I looked at the satellite imaging..... It looks like it fizzled out...

But on one of them, it does show a another one heading this way from the Philippines.....

S.J.C

Edited by SlackJawChef

hope the rain stops soon. After I will start my 6 Liter PickUp Truck, drive in the mountains to cut some rai of trees, what I dont need I will burn, I like huge fires. Good thing is I have my AirCon running day and night, so it is not to wet inside the house....fckuing nature........ :)

we will see some more bigger storms in the near future, but why we should start to change our lives?

Hi heres a pic of our street at 9am this mornig.......post-46292-1254273125_thumb.jpg..............I will try to get out and look at the surrounding area on my bike later.

Looks better than parts of Atlanta, GA. An unexpected 100 year class of rain, slow moving, dumped around 45 cm rain on the west side. Half of the houses in Austell, GA were flooded, 10 deaths from people driving into flooded roads at night.

Be careful out there and hope that this storm breaks up quickly.

No dust storms.

No drought problems.

Plenty of rice.

Agreed.

Untold devastation in the Philippines with over 250 people dead. 170,000 forcibly evacuated and 23 confirmed deaths in Vietnam and you suggest smiling ???

Imbecile.

Why is everyone in Bangkok and those planning on travelling to bangkok so bloody scared? Relax people Bangkok is in the south but I guess you bangkok people have the map upside down. There is more to Thailand than Bangkok, and Pattaya.

When did the govt move Bangkok to the south???

Wait.Always been there?? Is my wife dumber n farang. All this time she has stuck to the claim that Bangkok is central.

No dust storms.

No drought problems.

Plenty of rice.

If you can't post something sensible then stay off this thread

Which thread should he stay on, Mr. Aloomaidee??

http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/tracker/dynamic/main.html

If I interpreted the above site correctly then KETSANA was classified as a CAT 2 Typhoon when it tore into Vietnam, (Indicated by the arrow turning yellow over Vietnam) its moved through to Laos now and the arrow is currently green, indicating that it has degraded to a Tropical Storm category.

If that site's forecast is accurate by the time it reaches Thailand, sometime tonight, it will have covered a lot of ground and probably degraded further to be classified as a Tropical depression as the arrow starts to turn light blue. I certainly hope that the case.

http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/tracker/dynamic/main.html

If I interpreted the above site correctly then KETSANA was classified as a CAT 2 Typhoon when it tore into Vietnam, (Indicated by the arrow turning yellow over Vietnam) its moved through to Laos now and the arrow is currently green, indicating that it has degraded to a Tropical Storm category.

If that site's forecast is accurate by the time it reaches Thailand, sometime tonight, it will have covered a lot of ground and probably degraded further to be classified as a Tropical depression as the arrow starts to turn light blue. I certainly hope that the case.

that is correct. It usally happens when a storm stay over land too long. Still lots of rain possible.

regards

timo

When did the govt move Bangkok to the south???

Wait.Always been there?? Is my wife dumber n farang. All this time she has stuck to the claim that Bangkok is central.

I think what the original poster was trying to say was that, in terms of direction, BKK is south of the those regions that were stated as being in danger. He or she is right in that respect! In terms of position, BKK is in the center of LOS. So, both of you are right! Can't people be a little bit more open-minded and generous? Why do we have these on-going intellectual fights with some members? Methink it is all about people have complexes of superiority! Are you that enlightened? We live in LOS! Most of us are retired. No need to compete anymore! No need to denigrate another anymore! Relax! Be nice to each other!

Edited by rethaired

quote name='sammycic' date='2009-09-30 10:34:15' post='3044928']

has not stopped raining here all night and today in ubon and the moon river was already pretty high.

yes i noticed its been running higher after the weekend rain.post-46292-1254279487_thumb.jpgheres a shot taken on sunday morning of the area just outside the ring road.

It's expected to hit the NorthEast and the North, but everything people in this thread are talking about (incl. 95% of the article) is Bangkok. Somebody around here a little selfcentered maybe?

Huh? I am in Chiangmai but it is easy enough to understand that if someone lives in Bangkok that is naturally where they are going to want to know about. What a prig!!!

I'm in Nakhon Phanom at present, little bit of rain last night but nothing out of the ordinary. very cloudy today maybe it will hit later on. Mekong river no higher than normal.

I thought we were one of the areas to be worst affected, thankfully not so far. Hope everybody keeps safe and dry.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad