Thai Visa From Japan

Hi,

I am a British National and am about to embark on 11 day trip to Japan and wondered if

it is possible for me to apply for a Tourist Visa or maybe a Non Immigrant O from there?

If anyone knows I would be most grateful,

Thank you,

P.

:)

That's great thanks for the speedy reply, did you show them in excess of 10,000 Baht?

Thanks,

P.

:)

Yes, I have my account in Thailand and I had purchased my ticket in Thailand BKK - TYO - BKK, I just photocopied my Bank book pages and all was OK.

I asked the exact same question last week.

lopburi3 responded to both my and your same question in your other duplicate thread with a confident "No":

Non Immg O Multientry, Can I get one in Tokyo?:

Unless you are Japanese or live in Japan you will not get the visa there.

Non Immigrant O From Japan:

Are you a resident of Japan? Do not believe you stand any chance of obtaining such a visa in Japan if not and surly not for visiting friends.

So, what is the truth?

Maigo6, when did you get the visa?

Is either a return ticket back to Thailand or copy of a bank statement (with money in it) all that is needed to show?

I was thinking of traveling there at the end of March 2010 and was thinking of getting a visa while there.

• 4 months later...
Just to clarify, can I get a multiple entry tourist visa for Thailand in Tokyo? It's either Tokyo or Vientiane for me and I'd rather go to Tokyo if the tourist visa is available.

Suspect will be single entry only in Tokyo, and will require lots of paperwork. Have a look at the embassy website here. Vientiane are issuing double entry tourist visas, and are currently free.