Ubon Hospitals

Patriot

I've used Ubonrak for 12 years, including a two-day stay, and have always been well satisfied with treatment. Also my wife had a hand operation, and baby granddaughter was once hospitalised and treated wonderfully; also various nieces and daughters-in-law have have babies there.

Had a hernia operation at Rajawet, again good treatment, and visit the doctor there regularly for hypertension checks.

I think you will be OK with either place, just take a look for personal preference.

Elwood

Thanks for the replies above.

The reason for asking is that I'm with BUPA Interational and there are no "participating hospitals" as such, in Ubon, the nearest being Roi-Et as the one there is part of the "Bangkok" group. I was trying to get BUPA UK to approach an establishment with a view to extending the "partnership" to save one having to seek approval before treatment and, most importantly, to have BUPA settle the bill with the hospital itself.

If BUPA won't play, then I'm prepared for the 3 hour ride to Roi-Et!!

Thanks for the replies above.

The reason for asking is that I'm with BUPA Interational and there are no "participating hospitals" as such, in Ubon, the nearest being Roi-Et as the one there is part of the "Bangkok" group. I was trying to get BUPA UK to approach an establishment with a view to extending the "partnership" to save one having to seek approval before treatment and, most importantly, to have BUPA settle the bill with the hospital itself.

If BUPA won't play, then I'm prepared for the 3 hour ride to Roi-Et!!

I been with BUBA int. many yrs and that is true, BUBA dont pay in here and you have to claim it back by your self from them as i have done with out any problem abt 6yrs already, i have got all expencies and sometimes even more, depending conversation rate.

I been with BUBA int. many yrs and that is true, BUBA dont pay in here and you have to claim it back by your self from them as i have done with out any problem abt 6yrs already, i have got all expencies and sometimes even more, depending conversation rate.

That's reassuring. Is that Ubonrak we're talking about??

I just did a quick check on the Bupa Thailand website for hospitals they list within their network and for Ubon both Ubon Rak and Rajavej are listed. I'm not a BUPA user myself but their site seems to suggest both or either hospitals can be used for treatment. Maybe worth asking them the question directly.

http://www.bupa.co.th/bupa_cms/en/csc_bupa_network.aspx

cut and pasted from the above:

Hospital Name / Clinic Name Genre Telephone / Fax Address Room type

RAJAVEJ UBOLRATCHATHANI HOSPITAL Tel : 0 4528 0040-55 999 Chayangkul Rd. Naimuang Ubonratchathani 34000

www.rajavejubol.com FGSO

UBOLRAKSA THONBURI HOSPITAL Tel : 0 4526 0285-300 46/4 Burapanai Rd. Tumbon Naimueang Ubonratchathani 34000

www.ubonrak.co.th DEFGS

Note : Room type

A = Single room over 6,000 Baht B = Single room up to 6,000 Baht C = Single room up to 5,000 Baht D = Single room up to 4,000 Baht

E = Single room up to 3,000 Baht F = Single room up to 2,000 Baht G = Single room up to 1,200 baht O = Observation room

S = Shared room

= Hospital = Clinic

How to use membership card with Bupa network

1. This network list is continuously updated from time to time. If you are unsure whether the hospital or clinic is still in our network, please kindly contact Customer service via 0 2232 8666

2. For your most convenience, we recommend you to consider one of our network providers for treatment as they will send your eligible bills directly to us for settlement.

3. For your most convenience, please ensure that you present your membership card upon obtaining the treatment at one of our network providers.

4. You membership card will be accepted for only the medical expense within your maximum limit. You will be asked to pay for any charges in excess of your benefit levels or any non medical expenses before you leave the hospital. For inquiries, please check it from your membership handbook or contact our customer service.

5. For non-urgent treatment, it is recommended that you contact our Customer service at 0 2232 8666 or E-mail : [email protected] to confirm your level of cover and give you advice on which hospital and clinics to go to.

Thanks Jay.

It appears that Bupa Thailand differs from BUPA International as the "Membersworld" of the latter doesn't list either of the two hospitals in Ubon. However, I emailed the info@ BUPA yesterday and await their reply.

I will revert.

Cheers for now.

That's reassuring. Is that Ubonrak we're talking about??

Any hospital here,, NON of them take BUBA Int. but like i said, i have first payed and then got money back payed by London office,, negative side is waiting time abt 4weeks and lot's of papers and all ORIGINALS must be sent to them, so if you do desided do it in here make copies for your self and always sent by EMS,,, extra cost for you on this as BUBA Int. do not pay postal fees

Thanks Jay.

It appears that Bupa Thailand differs from BUPA International as the "Membersworld" of the latter doesn't list either of the two hospitals in Ubon. However, I emailed the info@ BUPA yesterday and await their reply.

I will revert.

Cheers for now.

About these, even they appares to be same company, they do not have anything to do with each other,, did check that also already yrs ago,, buba Th, dont even provide any help for assisting Int. Members, they all the time told me to contact 24/hr int number if i have any question,,,Thai style...LOL

Go with aThai insurance company like I did. I get 27,000 baht back on my 650,000 baht bill. :) and the premium is a lot more than uk.

Obviously your reimbursement clerk didn't support Chelsea, whereas I know that the BUPA accounts department are all Goooooners!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone had a baby delivered at Ubon Rak recently or know anything about the OBGYN's there?

Not recently, but daughter-in-Law was there March last year. Well-treated, private room.

That's the fourth baby delivered there within my family group, never any problems.

Elwood

Has anyone had a baby delivered at Ubon Rak recently or know anything about the OBGYN's there?

all my babies were born in Thai public hospitals (including Sapasit).

I have found no reason to go to a private hospital in Thailand. All the doctors in the private hospitals have private practice clinics ( at a 1/4 of the cost) and the public hospitals are a 10th the price .