Applying for a tourist visa.

I am in the prosses of apply for a tourist visa. once im in Thailand, I am planning on extending it for thirty days.

On the tourist application you have to put your length of stay. I was wondering if i should put thirty days because thats how long i want to tourist visa for, of if i should put 90 days.

i know this is a silly question but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I just did this in the US and I had filled out the entire application except for that line.  When I went to the embassy I told the rep. how many entries I wanted (I told him I wasn't sure how long I'd be there) and they took care of it with very little hassle at all.  Actually, I was out of there in literally less than 30 seconds and I picked up my visa two days later.

Just make sure you're appearance is clean and make an effort to wear pressed clothes.  Other than that it's pretty painless.

sounds like you want to stay awhile...go for the max possible for a tourist visa...put down 60 days.  while you are at it, go for multiple entries too...ask for a double entry tourist visa (2 entries).  that way, after your in-country extension and visa run after 90 days, you will have another 90 days to stay if you want.  a total of 180 days or 6 months.