wilson steer

I am on a TT&T line but the 1222 is permanently engaged. Am I missing something here?

Wilson Steer

This somtimes happens to me when trying to log on to the

net. I just take the leads out from the computer and the phone

socket, leave it a while and it usually works again.

How old is the phone line that you are using, with the heat,

and if it's running outside, they don't last too long.

My internet stopped working today, so I went out to but a new package. I chose Pacific internets' 1222 7 days unlimited, got home and it wouldn't work. Went back out and bought Asianets' 600 Baht 100 hours package. On the way home got caught in a terrible rainstorm on my bike and to make things worse, got a puncture. Arrived home totally drenched and set up the connection with the only number supplied for TOT lines : 038257700. Didn't work, been trying both all day, neither would work. Went back out this evening and bought CSloxinfos' 63 hour package for 590 Baht. They supply 7 numbers for Chonburi province: 038257000,038258000,038361699,038264999,038790339,03829600,038360333. None of these work!

I started to think there was a problem with my modem, but went through my old connections and found a number I used for CSlox before: 038259000. Bingo, it works, but why isn't it included in the numbers on the package I bought? Why do all 7 numbers they supplied not work? Will pacific or Asianet ever work, or have I been robbed?

I'm usually quite a calm person, but today has really got me wound up. What is the problem with Thai ISPs? This sort of service is terrible.

konangrit:

That bit of rain we had today knocked the power out for a couple of seconds, shortly after that the internet went down too ! it allways does when it rains here in Pattaya :o

Have you tried Ji-Net yet ? they where quite reliable for me when I had dialup.

Edited by johng

konangrit:

That bit of rain we had today knocked the power out for a couple of seconds, shortly after that the internet went down too ! it allways does when it rains here in Pattaya  :D

I was actually soaked right through in the computer shop when the power went out. Got bored of waiting and decided I might aswell ride home in the rain as it wasn't as if I could get any wetter, then got a puncture, really wasn't my day. :o

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try them out. CSlox always seems very reliable, but am getting bored of the connection cutting out every hour or two, no good for on-line gaming. Thought I'd see what the others were like, unfortunately can't even connect with them. Hopefully Ji-Net will be better.

konangrit:

That bit of rain we had today knocked the power out for a couple of seconds, shortly after that the internet went down too ! it allways does when it rains here in Pattaya  :D

I used Ji-net for quite a while. generally good but at busy hrs many cuts. Also i noticed that they are cheating on the usage hrs. :o

the tot 1222 number is really for tot lines. i am not sure what isp's are recommended for tt#t lines, you have to check on the cards package, or ask one of the clerks. being on a compatible isp makes a big difference.

I normally use a CSLOXINFO dedicated number, but bought a 30 day unlimited package for 350 baht: pacific internet. The only access number is 1222. However it states on the package that 1222 is good for TOT and TT&T lines.

Still puzzled, 1222 is engaged/busy permanently.

Anyone any more info regarding 1222

Wilson Steer

I normally use a CSLOXINFO dedicated number, but bought a 30 day unlimited package for 350 baht: pacific internet. The only access number is 1222. However it states on the package that 1222 is good for TOT and TT&T lines.

Wilson Steer

Wilson, have a look here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=310983

Those Pacific packages don't work on TT&T any more (If you tell me where you bought them, I'd be grateful - they're like rocking horse sh1t around here (Phuket)).

Wilson Steer

It's not working on TOT either. Nor is Asianet which is a different number.

Wilson Steer

It's not working on TOT either. Nor is Asianet which is a different number.

Maybe someone is overhauling the 1222 system - it's been OK in Phuket for over 24 hours. Maybe they are working on it in other parts of the country?

this is odd because today i am using tot 1222 , the free service, and i was getting webpages quickly, up to 7 kBps, which i never got before. now though it is back to 2-3 kBps.

Edited by joka

Go to the TOT office.

You will get a username and a password.

Also instructions in Thai/English for Windows98/Me and WindowsXP.

Everytime you hook on it will cost you 3 thb.

If I can install,you can for sure :o

difficult to get connection (between 2 minutes and 15 minutes)

many times last connection (difficultif you are in the middle of download or communication)

Over all not too bad

I am on a TT&T line but the 1222 is permanently engaged. Am I missing something here?

Wilson Steer

I used it for awhile when I had one of those free accounts that an computer repair shop added on for me. I found I could only connect after midnight until about 06:00. I was living off Soi Arunothai in a townhouse and I suspect the wiring was old. I had a lot of disconnects with any number of the various cards I used. Eventually got Ji-net ADSL but I had frequent down time sometimes lasting an hour or more when I could not connect.

I recently moved to a Soi near Beach Rd. and had to have new wiring run from the box into my apt. Seems to be more stable than the other place. I used the CSLOX 63 hour card but frequently had to dial more that once to get connected. I'm now using the TT&T T-Net card, 30 days for 335 baht and it's good. I'm on the wait list for Ji-net ADSL.

-redwood

The 1222 system is a bit of a lottery.

The service you get depends largely on where you are, how many lines are available and how many users are logged on.

If the system is fully loaded the service is unusable, if it is under utilised it buzzes along quite nicely.

I have two houses and divide my time between them.

When I am in the city the service is unusable between 5-10pm.

When I am up in the mountains the service is good all the time and downloads will run at just under 5k Bps.

1222 is still busy. Is it actually accessible (1222) from a TT&T line?

Anyone, Anywhere a clue please.......

Wilson Steer.

i dont think 1222 works with TT&T.

in bangkok if u pick up a true line(TT&T) and dial 1222 u get some error message...

for TOT no problem.

i use 1222 whenever im out of bangkok(and in thailand) works like a charm...i dont recall the line being engaged ever...

some places im online all day with 1222 no problems...