Internet Unavailable In Phuket

RDN

Anyone else find that they were cut off the Internet at about 8:30 on Wednesday and Thursday nights in Phuket - or anywhere else for that matter.

On Thursday I called a mate who lives near me and he had bought a CSLoxinfo card and a JiNet card on that day because of being cut off the night before. But these two ISPs also failed to connect on Thursday after the Pacific connection was cut (I use Pacific too).

All these cards use the 1222 number of course, but Pacific has been very reliable until now.

Anyone know if the 1222 number is being "upgraded" or modified in any way?

My call to Pacific's help line was a waste of time and money, naturally. "No sir, no problems here. The lines we use are from another company - maybe they have a problem. Can you try again in 30 minutes?"

"Er, I pay for 30 days use - why can't you supply the service?"

"The lines are from another company, sir."

All further attempts to get him to admit that his responsibility did not end at his company's interface to whoever supplied the link to the Internet were equally futile. Not his company's lines, so not his fault or his problem.

"Can you find out if there is a problem with the lines".

"Yes sir, I will check if they have a problem".

"OK, call me back when you find out anything".

He obviously hasn't found out anything. TIT.

I as using my ADSL fine last night until shortly before 10pm. When i went out for a beer. Left my PC connected and it was still connected when i returned a little later and was still connected.

I guess if it is a problem, its restricted to Dial-Up accounts.

Upgrade already!

I know your soi is within the acceptable areas (as you live near me)

I know, I know... I've got the forms from the ToT office. Just lazy (and I've got a hoard of 4 months worth of Pacific packages - oh! so maybe now is a good time to get the ADSL as it'll take 4 months to get installed :D:D:D:D:o:D:D:D:D :D )

yes can confirm the last 2 nights 1222 has crapped out..

Both times I was online and then had no byte traffic.. a reconnect just gave me that the authenticating server never responded.. Basically the line answered and Rx modem handshook.. Then nothing took over at the host end..

I just gave up and read a book..

Using the 30 day Sanook card (that includes no SMTP grrr!!!)

I went to pacific's website, opted for English and got a mixed message regarding TOT and TT&T 1222 connection. The advertised packages for 7 and 30 days say only 1222 is for TOT but on the webpage 'Dial up' it says 1222 is good for both TOT and TT&T.

Still no joy. Anyone out there with a TT&T line EVER been successful dialing 1222?

Wilson Steer

Took me less than a week to get my ADSL installed RDN.

5 days to be exact

I signed on day one, i was surfing by day 5

:o Wow! So who is it with? I think you are on TT&T and I'm on ToT - and the woman at the ToT office told me 2 months, my mate who also is waiting for ToT ADSL has been waiting about 6 weeks (but he did say he was expecting them this week), so I guessed 3 or 4 months would be reasonable :D .

So what's your service called and who's it with? :D

I have done about 5 installs in Patong.. The longest was during the ADSL rollout and was perhaps 3 or 4 weeks..

TT&T Hinet recently took 3 days from request to line activation.. TOT took one week a month or so back but have been waiting 2 weeks this time, I called on Friday and was told I would get a callback (never happened) but will push hard on Monday..

Its usually only days to a couple of weeks here.

I went to pacific's website, opted for English and got a mixed message regarding TOT and TT&T 1222 connection. The advertised packages for 7 and 30 days say only 1222 is for TOT but on the webpage 'Dial up' it says 1222 is good for both TOT and TT&T.

Still no joy. Anyone out there with a TT&T line EVER been successful dialing 1222?

Wilson Steer

Sorry, Wilson, my line isToT. The package I use: pacific12222kd.jpg is now only specified to work on TOT lines. On the back, it used to say TOT and TT&T, but now all packages I buy have the "and TT&T" bit blacked out crudely using a black marker pen!

And today there have been no interruptions to the service. Probably because they don't work on Saturday nights :o . But I will expect problems again on Monday :D .

I had no problems with 1222 up until today.

Now it will not accept my password.

If the error is something like "User or password is invalid in the domain" it means that the account has expired, i.e. your 7 or 30 days are up :D .

(Excuse me a minute, :o:D:D:D:D It's just started raining - woohooo!)

RDN : thanks for the information on this matter. Yes that's the packet I bought for 350 baht at Carrefour in Pattaya. I suppose it's too late to ask for a refund since I have opened the packet, but it will make a suitable Christmas gift to someone on dial-up and on TOT.

Well that has put that topic to sleep. I was done! lucky it was only 350 baht, however do you know of any unlimited weekly/monthly packages I can use on TT&T?

I think CSLoxinfo is expensive at 750 baht for 64 hours, those hours sure go fast!

Wilson Steer

So what's your service called and who's it with? :o

Yes i'm on TT&T and i'm using Ji-Net... cant remember the name of the package but its the 256/128 service. I've found it to be reliable and stable... 99% of the time