It's crunch time. need answer now

everyera

this question has been asked before, but only marginally answered, so i'll give it another try.

i'll arrive on the 20th and need to drop a couple of bags off somewhere while i go elsewhere.

is there a place in bkk, (airport, bus terminals, train station, anywhere else), that i can leave a couple of bags for a month?

basic question. temper it with:

40 baht per day per bag is beyond my means to pay.

i would like to know before i leave where i can drop my bags, so the best answer to date, '... you MAY be able to leave them with your hotel...' falls short of my comfort level since i don't know where i'll be staying, or if they'll allow me to leave bags there. i need a better alternative.

so... is there an actual 'left bags' storage area at the airport? train station? bus terminal? is it lockers or an actual area? is there reasonable security and what does it cost? any other suggestions?

if it were me, in the states, being asked this from abroad, i would recommend any of a thousand privately owned storage units available for rent by the month. otherwise i would contact the local greyhound bus depot and ask them if they have a left luggage storage area for use by the public.

this is the kind of thing i am looking for.

thanks for your help.

I read this on another site

Where's a good place for left luggage ?

Almost all hotels and guesthouses that you stay at will store luggage for you, either for free or cheaply (around 10B a day). If you don't trust your guesthouse/hotel, it might be worth spending one night at a better one so you can benefit from this facility. The main Hualamphong train station is also has left luggage facility, and it's good value at 7B a day.

http://www.into-asia.com/faq/general.php#l

the facility at the airport is 70 baht per piece of luggage per day i read.

OK... I'm going back at least 6 years so the info might not be too accurate.

The Khao San Road used to have a guest house that also specialized in left-luggage ("specialized" in that they had one room full of bags and charged about 3 baht per day) and seemed pretty trust worthy.

I'm not too sure if its still operating, but it used to be at nearly the end of the road - NOT the police station end - pretty much opposite the soi where VS Guest House is/was.... Sorry I can't remember the name of it.

Maybe someone else here, living on/near the Khao San, can confirm this for you...

everyera,

I would advise you find a decent hotel and leave your bags there, free of charge. That way if your plans change you dont have to worry about having to pay more money if you get delayed somewhere.

When i first came to Thailand I stored some bags in Hualamphong train station but I was paying 7 baht a day. It's 10 baht now I think.

I found a hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 8, called Crown Hotel, O.K, it's not the Hilton but for one night's stay (about 650 baht) you can leave your bags there as long as you like. It's a couple of minutes walk to the BTS so it is easy to get to.

I left my luggage there for near on eight months, no problems.

Have a good trip :o