Laptop Big C Downstairs

HDRIDER

Hi

Know somebody bought 2 Acer laptop in one of the stores downstairs, after a few days they stop working, turned out that the shop had replaced the HD with a cheap model, also other component was changed out, he went to Acer in Phuket town and they told him that a few shops do that, thats why they can sell them so cheap,,,, cheap is not always good :)

Most components will be identical between manufacturers, I am not aware of any budget 2.5" HD, besides all the specs and the model number are clearly displayed.

I'd be very surprised if this was true, they do have cheap computers but I have looked the model numbers up online and saw them with the same hardware, model number and even cheaper price.

I bought my Acer laptop basement big C years ago. Never had a problem with it. I've helped at least 4 other people buy Acer laptops there, no problems reported. Sounds an unlikely story that a shop would change a hard-drive in a notebook. Easy to do in a desk top, but not a notebook.

I bought my Acer laptop basement big C years ago. Never had a problem with it. I've helped at least 4 other people buy Acer laptops there, no problems reported. Sounds an unlikely story that a shop would change a hard-drive in a notebook. Easy to do in a desk top, but not a notebook.

Yes i agree i am one of those 4 people and i have had no problems with my laptop and the price was better than other suppliers.

Whilst laptop HDD's are relatively easy to swap out, i cant imagine there would be one available that would be so drastically cheaper to warrant this practice to sell the laptop cheaper, surely there could not be more than a couple of hundred baht difference in OEM HDD's could there.

Is it possible to find out what brand this supposed "new" HDD is, most acers ive opened up all had Hitachi Hdd's installed.

Edited by Spoonman

he went to Acer in Phuket town and they told him that a few shops do that, thats why they can sell them so cheap

I'm beginning to think this was just a convenient excuse by Acer, or maybe just a justification for 'full price' Acer models.

Nope, the guys there bought them was told that they have had problems with the same shop a few times, and might stop it from selling acer, open up and see if you have a Hitachi or WD then i think you will know.