Kanchanaburi Place To Stay And Also Do Some Fishing

KHUNDAN

I am looking for some place to stay around Kanchanaburi where I can relax as well as do a little fishing. I do not want to join any fishing tours or the likes. Just want a place I can stay 1 night and fish during the night or day nearby without having to pay for fishing?

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks Dan

[email protected]

• 1 year later...

Got some friends arriving next week for a 2 week holiday. They already have accomodation booked but would like to do a bit of fishing whilst they're here.

Are there any resorts in Kan that rent out fishing gear and you can relax by the river, get some lunch and a drink or two?

Or even if someone has some spare rods and gear, that they would kindly loan and knows of some fishing spots.

Many thanks in advance

Boycie.

<br />Got some friends arriving next week for a 2 week holiday. They already  have accomodation booked but would like to do a bit of fishing whilst  they're here.<br /><br />Are there any resorts in Kan that rent out fishing gear and you can relax by the river, get some lunch and a drink or two?<br /><br />Or even if someone has some spare rods and gear, that they would kindly loan and knows of some fishing spots.<br /><br />Many thanks in advance<br /><br />Boycie.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have a look at the website 'www.Xanaduresort2008.com'. It's about 10 klms out of town and is situated right on the river. Not sure about the fishing rods but I'm sure Dennis (the owner) can fix it for you.

Stayed at the Duenshine resort ( resort is a word used very loosely in Thailand )in floating houses and you can fish right out front of your room. First time I was there the water was clear and I could see many big fish right under the steps, about 25cm or 10 inches on average. I went up to Tesco but could'nt find any fishing gear.

Last time I went the water was too murky to see but a Thai guy next door was catching plenty. Probably the same anywhere along the river.

post-21893-0-88332600-1300178552_thumb.j

<br />Got some friends arriving next week for a 2 week holiday. They already  have accomodation booked but would like to do a bit of fishing whilst  they're here.<br /><br />Are there any resorts in Kan that rent out fishing gear and you can relax by the river, get some lunch and a drink or two?<br /><br />Or even if someone has some spare rods and gear, that they would kindly loan and knows of some fishing spots.<br /><br />Many thanks in advance<br /><br />Boycie.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have a look at the website 'www.Xanaduresort2008.com'. It's about 10 klms out of town and is situated right on the river. Not sure about the fishing rods but I'm sure Dennis (the owner) can fix it for you.

Agreed - I tihnk he does have some rods as well - I remember being up there when there was a family fishing off the bank for a couple of days - they caught a fair few fish.

Plus, it's a really nice loaction