Singapore 3 Days

arkom

Not really Thailand related, but for those who has gone to Singapore, how much money(baht) would you recommend bringing for 3 days? Will be going to Sentosa probably Singapore Zoo and Night Safari plus the Singapore Flyer, I've heard that about 20,000 - 30,000 THB and a little as 10,000 - 15,000 THB.

Thanks alot for the help!

Not really Thailand related, but for those who has gone to Singapore, how much money(baht) would you recommend bringing for 3 days? Will be going to Sentosa probably Singapore Zoo and Night Safari plus the Singapore Flyer, I've heard that about 20,000 - 30,000 THB and a little as 10,000 - 15,000 THB.

It all depends what you are going to eat and drink and where. Meals range from SGD2 to SGD2000 per head...

Entrance prices of those places you can get off internet, just google them...

Also it depends if you are using taxi or public for transport....

So how long is a piece of string...

It all depends what you are going to eat and drink and where. Meals range from SGD2 to SGD2000 per head...

Entrance prices of those places you can get off internet, just google them...

Also it depends if you are using taxi or public for transport....

So how long is a piece of string...

double half its length :)

last time i was there i blew 72,000 in 3 days, prolly didnt help on the 3rd day i woke up in my hotel, naked on the floor at 10am with zero recollection of how i got there, would like to meet up with the lady from Orchard towers who obviously brought me home and had the for thought to place my phones sim card on the desk, she must have grabbed it out when my phone was being stolen, god bless her.

last time i was there i blew 72,000 in 3 days, prolly didnt help on the 3rd day i woke up in my hotel, naked on the floor at 10am with zero recollection of how i got there, would like to meet up with the lady from Orchard towers who obviously brought me home and had the for thought to place my phones sim card on the desk, she must have grabbed it out when my phone was being stolen, god bless her.

Could have been worse, she could have kept the sim card and left you the phone :)

Mrs CM and myself spent four nights there last month, prepaid the flights and the hotel and spent around 30,000 Baht on top. Hippo Tour bus for two days = 35SGD pp, zoo = 18 (ish) SGD pp, a couple of nice meals at Boat Quay restaurants 100SGD for two, and so on.

Mrs CM and myself spent four nights there last month, prepaid the flights and the hotel and spent around 30,000 Baht on top. Hippo Tour bus for two days = 35SGD pp, zoo = 18 (ish) SGD pp, a couple of nice meals at Boat Quay restaurants 100SGD for two, and so on.

30,000 baht is what I probably figured, thanks for the info!

Your accomadation will cost more than u expect so my sugestion is to look on Agoda or any other Hotel site and look for deals.

If u want basic (small, no frills) look at the Pearl group of Hotels but they are around the red light districts which may or may not be suitable.

Edited by xen

zoo & night safari you can get it in a package I think it also includes the bird park. if you bring the misses, bring her to Bugis village instead of orchard road (you wouldn't survive half a day with that money) Hotel rates differ best to avoid geylang which is purely for soliciting (Unless you're my kinda guy) hotels in beach road, bugis, orchard road etc all ok. go up the Singapore flyer (not sure how much, maybe SGD 50-ish)

go window shopping in suntec city, plenty of stuffs to see, wait till night there's even a lazer show.

the current sgd to bht is S$1 - 23.4bht. Exchange rates are definately better in LOS.

I blew 70,000 baht (for me & the GF) in five days a month or two back.

Hotels in Singapore are a lot more expensive that Thailand. Stayed at the Mandarin a couple of years back SGD$750.00 / night "but they threw in breakfast for that"

Good trip though and it showed the GF that Thailand is definately a 4th world country by comparison.

The Singapore Flyer is good as is Night Safari. Sentosa, best to vist during weekdays when the rest of Singapore is not there.

And it is also somewhat educational for a Thai to walk up and down Orchard Road. You don't need to buy but Thailand has nothing remotely like it. Nor will they ever have anything to compete with it :)

Bus services excellent, and the MRT is great.

Edited by john b good

If you haven't already booked your hotel, take a look at the hotel section on the Tiger airways site, often they have some good deals. We booked the Copthorne for 120 SGD a night which was a good deal since it's a fairly good hotel.

Yes the Mandarin was a good hotel, great customer service and the breakfast buffet was top notch....

I'd give the 'night safari' a miss though! total commercial rubbish, you just go around on a noddy train and see a few tired old animals that shouldn't even be there.

Go to Bugis junction for the market, its OK but nothing on JJ, still food is cheap and its free entertainment.

Singapore is such a soulless place, safe but dull, HK and its night markets are much more fun.

Hubby and I went through 56,000 in 3 days, however we did cover a lot of ground, and did it in good style.

Did get a bit of a shock though, we had walked around the harbour, thirsty work when it's hot so stopped at an outdoor bar overlooking the harbour, had 2 drinks each with mixer and got a bill for $76 Singapore. Ouch...

Hubby and I went through 56,000 in 3 days, however we did cover a lot of ground, and did it in good style.

Did get a bit of a shock though, we had walked around the harbour, thirsty work when it's hot so stopped at an outdoor bar overlooking the harbour, had 2 drinks each with mixer and got a bill for $76 Singapore. Ouch...

Wow! we didn't pay that much for two Singapore Slings at the Raffles Long bar!....I think they saw you coming!

Actually any trip to Sg should include a browse around the Raffles hotel, a splendid testament to a bygone colonial era, the tranquil gardens are lovely and relaxing to sit in.

Thanks a bunch for the info really useful information, hotel is prepaid maybe should've mentioned it earlier. For those who have been to the Night Safari how does it compare to the one in Chiang Mai(in my opinion a waste of money), heard some good things comparing to the the one in San Diego but is it worth it?

I heard that Thai women entering Singapore might be a bit difficult i traveling alone(something about Thai's coming in for prostitution), will be going with my GF and her female friend think she will have a hard time getting in? Thanks again!

I work in spore so my wife (thai) comes here quite often. Never a single problem or looks in immigration.

Sure some thai ladies (and boys) might have problems but let's put it that way, in AA or Tiger flights it's pretty obvious who they are :)

I work in spore so my wife (thai) comes here quite often. Never a single problem or looks in immigration.

Sure some thai ladies (and boys) might have problems but let's put it that way, in AA or Tiger flights it's pretty obvious who they are :)

wow i fly budget....... i feel like a pimp already...

What nonsense!

We're thinking of spending about 4 days based in Chinatown, flying out from Chiamgmai. The Inn at temple street.

Anyone know it? Seems quite central for walking or bussing around.

We're thinking of spending about 4 days based in Chinatown, flying out from Chiamgmai. The Inn at temple street.

I don't but Singapore is small enuf to where as long as you stay somewhere fairly central (and China Town is that) you wont have a problem - you'll have a great time and a full trip report is expected.

Thanks a bunch for the info really useful information, hotel is prepaid maybe should've mentioned it earlier. For those who have been to the Night Safari how does it compare to the one in Chiang Mai(in my opinion a waste of money), heard some good things comparing to the the one in San Diego but is it worth it?

I heard that Thai women entering Singapore might be a bit difficult i traveling alone(something about Thai's coming in for prostitution), will be going with my GF and her female friend think she will have a hard time getting in? Thanks again!

:)

Never had a problem with my Thai girlfiend entering...as long as she has a current passport. I have once been asked at a Singapore hotel when booking a room for us if my girlfriend wqs my wife, and I just said yes. No futher comment from the reception clerk (male). At immigration just say the woman is your wife's sister, visiting Singapore. Be together in the queue, if possible.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I don't but Singapore is small enuf to where as long as you stay somewhere fairly central (and China Town is that) you wont have a problem - you'll have a great time and a full trip report is expected.

Thanks Chiangmai. And yes we will do a report.