Company Set Up In Chiang Rai

shadiadi

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good accountancy firm or law firm in Chiang Rai to help me incorportae a company here. I would appreciate if someone could recommend a good one I have had companies in other parts of Thailand before had some good experiences and some bad ones.

wow are they all really so bad that nobody would even recommend one?

:)

I have had my fair share of bad experiences in the past but i speak the local lingo and am not expecting to find a great perfect one.

Maybe I used the wrong word RECOMMEND their must be a company that works here even if they are slow don't do what they say they will do on time.

These things I expect Next Monday means a two weeks on Thursday. Tomorrow morning means in two days time in the afternoon etc. 10,000 is really 15,000 etc.

Let me rephrase the question are there any accountancy or law firms that can eventually after alot of annoying paperwork and changing things every five minutes actually assist in incorporating a company here on for a foreigner I do not need nominees I have those already.

I looked at one website here already it worked fine in Japanese but the English section just seemed to go nowhere.

Edited by shadiadi

Mr. Kriangsak: 0819510839

He's adept at real estate matters, and speaks ok English. Don't know how much experience he has with setting up a company. Let me know what you find out, because I'm in the same boat, looking to set up a Thai corp.

I did in several years ago, but it was not a good experience. I used a woman lawyer in C.Mai. I was her 1st client. there were some screw ups. I got my corp, but wasn't ready to pay taxes right away, as required by the gov't. I tried telling gov't that I'd be willing to pay taxes when my biz got rolling, but they wanted taxes sooner. So I dropped the corp. Cost me Bt.5,000 to kill it. Now am considering getting a corp for a different biz, but am trepidatious because of 'changing goalpost' propensity of Thai bureaucracy (and lawyers). They'll tell you one thing earlier on, and later tell you something different later.

I spoke with a farang in C.Mai who had an interesting idea for starting a corp in Thailand. Instead of using the 6 or so (minimum number) of proxy/fictitious investors, which 98% of start ups do (farang and Thai), he claimed he would get a group of real people investing real money - to meet the 2 million baht minimum investiture. A novel idea!

As for an accountancy firm that's reasonably easy to work with, I can't help with that, sorry.

Edited by brahmburgers

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good accountancy firm or law firm in Chiang Rai to help me incorportae a company here. I would appreciate if someone could recommend a good one I have had companies in other parts of Thailand before had some good experiences and some bad ones.

Hi, Try Khun Sammy accountant to many business,s in Chiang Rai,also speaks good English 0819929792

There are plenty of reasons to know of a good lawyer in Chiang Mai, and a recent addition to the few reputable firms in the city is Chiang Mai Law Firm. Their offices have four branches (Chang Puak, Chang Klan, Chiang Dao and Chiang Rai), one located near Chang Puak Road where you can find fully qualified lawyers to take care of services such as registering a foundation, company, association or limited partnership; arranging government licenses and contracts; helping with matters such as arbitration, intellectual property and litigation, and delicate issues such as wills and family troubles. If you are planning on staying here long term it is certainly worthwhile having a lawyer you can trust and you should find that these guys are a useful firm to have in mind…..Chiang Mai – Chiangrai Guide Line Magazine (Free Copy)

Cm Law Firm (ChiangMai Law Firm) Since 1992.

LL.B., LL.M., M.B.A.(U.S.A.)

Lawyer: 086-4293063

The following sounds too much like an advert. Rather than start off stridently claiming all good things about someone, some firm. It would be more believable to give some balanced/objective assessment based on personal experience, if applicable. All lawyers, if asked, will say they can be trusted. Simlarly, all construction workers, when interviewed, will say they're fully reliable. Are all lawyers trustworthy? Are all construction workers reliable? Obviously not, so it behooves the person searching for services to dig a bit deeper than the surface luster.

There are plenty of reasons to know of a good lawyer in Chiang Mai, and a recent addition to the few reputable firms in the city is Chiang Mai Law Firm. Their offices have four branches (Chang Puak, Chang Klan, Chiang Dao and Chiang Rai), one located near Chang Puak Road where you can find fully qualified lawyers to take care of services such as registering a foundation, company, association or limited partnership; arranging government licenses and contracts; helping with matters such as arbitration, intellectual property and litigation, and delicate issues such as wills and family troubles. If you are planning on staying here long term it is certainly worthwhile having a lawyer you can trust and you should find that these guys are a useful firm to have in mind…..Chiang Mai – Chiangrai Guide Line Magazine (Free Copy)

Cm Law Firm (ChiangMai Law Firm) Since 1992.

LL.B., LL.M., M.B.A.(U.S.A.)

Lawyer: 086-4293063

Edited by brahmburgers