Work Permit Question.

If i have 1 restaurant and 1 guesthouse, both owned by one company, how will my work permit look.

The company is registered in Bangkok, businesses are in Phuket.

Would it be easier to change the named objective of my company to 'Hospitality consultancy' to enable working in both my places.

Ideas are well appreciated before i head up to Sunbelt with the colution.

Thanks for any input.

Well, we are not Sunbelt - but we can handle this transaction.

We can get your work permit adjusted to cover all three addresses - by submitting to Labor office just here in Bangkok, where your company has it main office. Submit one day with your WP Booklet, receive back adjusted WP booklet in 7-9 days.

Songkran screws up timing, so don't count on any specific timing outcome over Songkran week.

What we need: Copy of lease agreement and building owner's occupancy certification for the two addresses in Phuket (same as used for obtaining VAT and tax registrations down there). This allows us to not have to get involved with the specific activities or licenses of the businesses operating down there - your work permit simply states that you may work at any one of the three company addresses - all of which are legally registered as company locations.

We are located as shown at: http://www.thaistartup.com/contact.html - Khun "Beer" is our action person on work permits - at 02-260-3914. She can square this away.

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I would consider the risk of incurring problems to be VERY minimal - but I have heard of several cases of work permit holders in (specifically) Phuket getting fined because their work permits said they worked in Bangkok.

I suspect (but do not know) that this was related to night life work - and that the Phuket locations did not have VAT and tax registrations officially tying them to the Bangkok company.

I think that a routine visit by a Managing Director to an outlying company office is not a problem - it is when you permanently live and work in a completely different city that where your work permit specifies, that you can run into problems. It appears to the officials that you are actively practicing gross deception - and they assume that the only reason to do so must be sinister.

Steve

Indo-Siam