Buying An Iphone 3gs Outright

bridge

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an Iphone in Australia (32GB 3Gs) from the Apple Store. As such it will be unlocked and I can go with any provider I choose.

What I would like to know, is whether anyone knows of any good prepaid plans for use here in Thailand. Any ideas as to carrier/coverage/costs/data download and rates.

Hope that's not too many questions.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

bridge

G'day Bridge,

I know if you buy an iphone here from True, (As my friend works in Phuket True) it is warranteed 1 year from Apple and then if you pay 599Baht a month you will get 300min of call, 3oo sms, 50 mms and GPRS and WI-FI and 3G unlimited. This may be a better option than buying in Australia.

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an Iphone in Australia (32GB 3Gs) from the Apple Store. As such it will be unlocked and I can go with any provider I choose.

What I would like to know, is whether anyone knows of any good prepaid plans for use here in Thailand. Any ideas as to carrier/coverage/costs/data download and rates.

Hope that's not too many questions.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

bridge

are all True shops doing that deal?

Yes , you can check it on True's website.

16GB - instant payment = 5,999 baht

24mths installment = 24 * 770.88 = 18,501.12 baht

package plan - 400baht * 24 = 9,600baht

total = 34,100.12 baht = total what ur paying for the iphone 16GB on the Package B.

Package A 16GB

Instant Pay - None

24mths installment - 1,020.83baht * 24 = 24,499.92baht

Package Plan - 599 * 24 = 14,376

Total = 38,875.92baht for 16GB on Package A

Package A has unlimited 3G and 1MB WiFi.

Package B has 10hrs of 3G and 20hrs of WiFi.

And if i were you , i'd wait it out till Apple fixes that overheating problem.

Edited by spacemunk

Anybody seen any stock at True shops recently? Nothing in Pattaya, but maybe in Bangkok?

Yesterday True Paragon ZERO

True Central World ZERO

despite the fact earlier in the week they said they would have stock on friday. Response yesterday - maybe next week.

That company is a TOTAL joke. forget them I swear I will never give them another penny.

Thats interesting as the only official reseller is True for iphones. Apple resellers and premium sellers are not authorised to sell them. You cannot for example order one from the Thailand Apple Store online. you get directed to True.

Looks like they must have paid a visit to HKG and bought some unlocked ones to resell! Price is marked up over the official price (+2000thb) and its about 4000thb more expensive than HKG. Looks like they are charging the same as MBK grey importers.

istudio should be selling them for the official thailand price like they have to do with all Apple products notebooks imacs etc....obviously seeing that people a desperate for them in BKK they are marking up. Interesting when if it came to warranty repair. Did they offer you Applecare warranty for it?

Well done in locating one tho! :)

Edited by namoo

just got my 3GS today at istudio oposite the Paragon shopping center. 32GB for 30,495 baht. unlocked and no TRUE simcard or any other. they had about 20 in stock.

I also think that's interesting as iStudio was painfully avoiding any sales of iPhones while it had not been officially launched in Thailand. Maybe now they're permitted to grey imports... certainly good for Apple and iStudio.... anyway, I sure hope these are officially factory unlocked ones

they are factory unlocked, I have already updated the software via itunes. its all looking good so far. good point about the warranty, looks like I will have to get it fixed in MBK if I break it which I do not plan on doing.

just got my 3GS today at istudio oposite the Paragon shopping center. 32GB for 30,495 baht. unlocked and no TRUE simcard or any other. they had about 20 in stock.

Thanks Onnut, with the current AUD/THB exchange rate, that is basically the same price that I would be in Oz.

Cheers

bridge

istudio must be doing it a bit hush hush. I do not think Apple or True would be too pleased ti hear about what they are upto.

The test would be go back to the store or while you are buying it and ask for Applecare for it. If they say cannot then u know they should not really be selling them.

Anyway good source if your struggling to get one.

Edited by namoo

istudio must be doing it a bit hush hush. I do not think Apple or True would be too pleased ti hear about what they are upto.

The test would be go back to the store or while you are buying it and ask for Applecare for it. If they say cannot then u know they should not really be selling them.

Anyway good source if your struggling to get one.

istudio isn't being very 'hush' about it, they are advertising the fact clearly on their website, shop brochures and on billboards in CM.

I was @the shop just a few days ago and asked about the warranty and was told it has a one year warranty in Thailand, all legit. I didn't ask about apple care though.