Stephen King Books In Thai Language

thaimiller

The Mrs has started reading more and more books and she now wants to read some of the Stephen King books, we looked round the new book shops in Airport plaza and also in town today with out any look. Im planning on checking the second hand shops tomorrow but can't imagine they will stock any as they usually cater to expats and holiday makers. So has anybody seen any for sale anywhere here or in BKK? Cheers in advance for any replys

Cheers UG they were the first places I tried today without joy, Im off to BKK on Friday so im going to look in the big bookshop in Emporium but If they haven't got any it looks like she'll have to pick someone else to read.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but did you look on the book shelves for his name in the (probably several) various ways it is transcribed to Thai according to the Thai "alphabetic" order?

Not trying to be smart, here, but I've a couple of times been fruitlessly been looking for Thai versions of foreign books - just to later find out they were there by the plenty down another "alphabetic" row of shelves.

There used to be 2 second hand Thai book shops near the end of night Bazar road.

Go down Chang Klan with the traffic.

Take a right at Pan Tip Plaza.

Look out on your right for a small book shop.

Or go straight across the lights at Pan Tip & look out on your right further down Chang Klan road.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i looked alway through the book shelfs yesterday in the shops, the Mrs even had them check on the computers but no luck, I'll have a look for the bookshops that pondlife suggested today. Ive got to go to BKK anyway on Friday so its no hardship to have a look there. Cheers

I've also been seeking out Stephan King books with no success. Couldn't find any Thai language books in second-hand book stores. Carrefour has some novels in Thai by James Patterson and Sidney Sheldon which the little lady enjoyed (she actually read them both within a week).

My manager knows a lot about books and she says that DK should have them for sure, but the names of the books and authors are often translated incorrectly and hard to find when looking on the computer or in the wrong location. She is most often right.

Edited by Ulysses G.

My son buys most of his Thai language books including translated novels second hand from a number of blogs and a few websites trading in second hand books. Plenty of choice (including Stephen King titles) and many titles no longer in print. Other than that, for new books, I have found that SE-ED have a reasonable selection of Thai language novels. You may also try the basement outlet of DK books in Seacon Square, it doesn't look very nice but it is very big and has an enormous selection.