Condo Bill Scamming-is This Possible?

bobjenssen

I love in a large condo on soi 13.

I am convinced I am paying too much for my biils, the electric is always the same.

last year a friend of mine told me he investigated his bills and found a scam between the owners and the relevant departments.

He insisted that I/we were paying far too much.

But he was an alcoholic, so not sure how accurate he was.

He also mentioned something about having to pay less if the owner is a local thai national- is this the case, has anyone heard of anything similar?

Many thanks

More information is required.

Do you have individual meters or do you just receive a bill from the office, for example?

Before I bought a place, I rented 5 or 6 condos in Bkk; the folk in the offices have been dishonest scam artists more times than not. The one time that the owner of the condo managed all the affairs; everything was fine, she ran her place well. It's usually no great government conspiracy, just some pleb who buffers the bills for personal gain. More times than not it's a female, building manager.

Agreed, more information is needed such as meter location, cost per unit of electricity (in your lease perhaps) and the costs you have been paying - also helpful to understand the size and design of your home, aircons, rooms etc. I've been battling with my landlord for some months about the very peculiar electric bills I've been receiving, oddly, since I started to make a noise the bills have begun to normalize, funny that! See monthly electric bill amounts below to understand my point, this in a two bed, two and a half bath house in Phuket for the past nine months:

Jan - 3,020.00

Feb - 2,400.00

Mar - 2,445.00

Apr - 2,465.00

May - 1,825.00

Jun - 2,425.00

Jul - 1,685.00

Aug - 1,665.00

Sep - 643.92

Need a lot more info. Not sure how condos work I have townhouse. Doyou have a meter? If you do simply check the reading each month alculate your rate and check it out.I had a problem in the past where the past meter reading wasnot being updated bills kept increasing in amount.I kept all my meter readings refused to pay till they got it right.Finally fixed it havenot paid a satng since last april.

thanks very much indeed

some bill come from relevant departments- I will find out which is which!

Other bills from the building ( yes, a lady who does not welcome inquiry's)

my friend went to some main office, was made to sit around, and then told there had been a mistake!

he claims there is a huge sort of conspiracy that earn building like mine huge amounts by padding bills that most will not question.

He also says that thai do not have to pay certain bills, or receive a discount- is this really so?

I cannot abide such racism. I hope its not.

I live in a condo and my bills are about 3K baht a month give or take, i run my ac 24/7

Well this month my bill arrives and it is 4800 baht! I show my thai wife and she goes ballistic, gets on the phone

with the land lady yelling pretty loud. She then grabs the bill and storms down to the office. 1 hour later new bill

is quietly slipped under my door, new bill is 2900 baht :)