Duck. Your Nominations Please....

Cuban

I will be having one of the local ducks soon, possibly very soon.

My default choice will be crispy duck with salad and rice pancakes or as a roasted meat on an experimental pizza base I'm looking to play with.

Any other suggestions ? (excluding Laab Ped)

Earlier threads on crispy duck 1, 2.

I will be having one of the local ducks soon, possibly very soon.

My default choice will be crispy duck with salad and rice pancakes or as a roasted meat on an experimental pizza base I'm looking to play with.

Any other suggestions ? (excluding Laab Ped)

Earlier threads on crispy duck 1, 2.

Yup,

Come to Jomtien, corner of Thappraya & Theprasit roads. On Theprasit, just down from the corner, beside the power tools shop with the big Makita sign, there are two Thai restaurants. They'e actually each run by one of two Chinese-Thai sisters. Anyway, the slimmer sister on the left side displays, Hong Kong style, hanging roast ducks & red pork in glass cases in front of her restaurant. Go on in there and order a plate of duck with rice... It's served with two sauces and the duck is accompanied by steamed Chinese broccoli- 35 or 40 baht. If you like it, you can pay a bit more and get a larger order of duck w/o the rice and take some home (especially if you don't live near a decent duck place). To tell the truth, it's not even close to the Peking Duck I've had in Beijing (IMO one of the world's simplest, purist & most delicious meals); it's much more Hong Kong style. My TGF and I eat there or take home about once a week; we like it fine. Buena suerte, amigo.

PS- I've been to Havana. 1978- two years before I the first time I came to Jomtien. Life was surely different then. Nixon was president and, well, aahhh... mai pen rai, krap.

I used to live in Pattaya, and I know the place that you are talking about - I didn't eat there often but have had duck over rice there before and yes it was very good.

I'm thinking I will have to go through a few experiments to get the perfect result, the dogs are looking forward to that.

I used to live in Pattaya, and I know the place that you are talking about - I didn't eat there often but have had duck over rice there before and yes it was very good.

I'm thinking I will have to go through a few experiments to get the perfect result, the dogs are looking forward to that.

Ok, but... wait a moment. Lemme get something straight:

"...or as a roasted meat on an experimental pizza base I'm looking to play with." "...the dogs are looking forward to that."

Is this some kinda new, experi-mental duck-based pizza idea FOR DOGS you're looking to play with...? Whoa, dude... all I can say is: Good for you! A new product establishing a refreshingly unique NMN (New Market Niche!). I say: Go for it...!