Need Help

hi guys

iv been doing some research on thai visa and im lost basically i want to buy a business in thailand and i want to live there i dont mind going home once or twice a year but i dont want to be doing border runs every few months whats the easiest way to go about it

thanks

hi guys

iv been doing some research on thai visa and im lost basically i want to buy a business in thailand and i want to live there i dont mind going home once or twice a year but i dont want to be doing border runs every few months whats the easiest way to go about it

thanks

To give a reasonable answer, we would need some questions answered:

How old are you?

Do you have a Thai wife?

About how much do you have to invest?

How much time have you spent in Thailand?

"How much time have you spent in Thailand?"

You've made me curious. How is that relevant to the OP's question?

The other three I mostly understand.

The nature of the questions lead me to believe the OP was not very familiar with business in Thailand in general. There are several good books on the subject of "How to do business in Thailand". If OP was a newbie, I was going to suggest further research might be helpful, without being negative in general.

OK, got it.

I think the same advice would be good for someone who has spent a lot of time here.

A really big difference between sunning yourself on a beach and dealing with the government.

Another question might be, "How much experience do you have running a business?"

As the the visa parts of the OP's question... I would say the following:

1. If married you will need 40,000thb in monthly income or 400,000 thb in a Thai bank to qualify for 1 yr extension based upon marraige

If not married:

2. Since you are advising that you are looking into "Buying a Business" rather than "Opening a Business", you should check to see if the Business meets the requirements to sponsor you for a Visa extension (I believe must be operationg at least two years and all the proper accounting info would have need to be submitted, capital requirements, number of Thai Employees,ect...)

2. If not, then you should likely get a yr multiple entry visa from your country of origin and do border runs every 3 mo

3. If over 50, you could apply for 1 yr extension for retirement, 65,000thb in monthly income or 800,000thb in a Thai Bank, but since you want to work this may notbe the best idea because you may not be able to get a work permit

i'v been to thailand twice and spent about 6 months there

i looking to invest in about 600,000B - 1,000000B but i would be able to put 400,000B into a thai bank not sure about all the proper acounting because its all cash and i asume the previous owner wouldnt want to pay tax i wont but dont know how it works my girlfriend will help me out

which visa is the year multiple entry

In order for a company to sponsor someone for a visa extension, (along with other requirements) it must have submitted all of the requited tax & auditing reports to the Thai government for at least the last two years.

So what I am suggesting is that one of the things you should include in your "due diligence" prior to purchasing a company is whether or not the company you are buying will meet the requirements to sponsor you for a 1yr visa extension.

One yr multiple entry visa can be either Non-im O or Mon-im-B, if you are not married, then you would need a non -im B. Single entry is 90 days, multiple entry is valid for 1 yr, but you will need to leave the country every 90 days (just walking across the border and back is enough)