Anybody Got Any Experience Of Importing Boats Or Boat Parts ?

simasoli

hello everyone, i'm new on the forum, still living in blighty at the moment. i'm married to a thai.

i have read a lot of posts on the forum about importing cars into thailand, with all the problems associated

but i was interested in anyones experience in importing boats or boat parts. i went to a seminar in south wales, put on by the thai/english trade & commerce board. from this i learned that the import duty on boats and marine parts is 0%,this i found quite interesting and exciting,although i realise 0% duty is probably not the end of the story as far as the thai customs are concerened.

i'm interested in importing my boat to LOS, or being an ex boat builder i'm interested in importing marine engine, and variuos hardware that i cant source in thailand, and building a new boat. if i cant have a decent motor car in LOS, maybe i can have a proper boat!

also like to find out what the score is on trailers and trailing, in the LOS.

looking forward to some reply's on this, thanks

Wasn't Wolfgang Ulrich the German criminal busted for tax evasion in connection with importing his yacht into Gulf of Siam (among other things)?

Regards, LN

At the time he was arrested for that, the import tax was 100-200%(can't remember exactly). The tax was reduced to 0% about 3 years ago.

thanks everyone, i think the import duty of 0% isn't the problem, but i think someone somewhere in customs clearence may think they can extract a few baht out of me someway.

also would still like to find out about trailers & trailering, if anyone has any info, thanks.