Non Imm O Extension Based On Marriage Abroad?

The marriage certificate will need translating into Thai and verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Then go to any Amphur and register the marriage. Then apply for 12 months extension of stay based on marriage during the last 30 days of your 90 day permission to stay (assuming entry on Non-Immigrant visa) if you meet the financial requirements.

Requirements being 400k in Thai bank account (in your name) for two months prior to application OR 40k/month income (your income). In the case of income from abroad you will need to obtain an income letter from your embassy. In the case of income within Thailand, you will need to show tax receipts. If using the bank balance option you will need a letter from bank confirming the account balance and copies of bank book.

The marriage certificate will need translating into Thai and verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Then go to any Amphur and register the marriage. Then apply for 12 months extension of stay based on marriage during the last 30 days of your 90 day permission to stay (assuming entry on Non-Immigrant visa) if you meet the financial requirements.

Requirements being 400k in Thai bank account (in your name) for two months prior to application OR 40k/month income (your income). In the case of income from abroad you will need to obtain an income letter from your embassy. In the case of income within Thailand, you will need to show tax receipts. If using the bank balance option you will need a letter from bank confirming the account balance and copies of bank book.

Thanks for the info. I have an appointment with the US embassy Monday morning. After getting my US marriage certificate translated, will I need the embassy to certify the translation. It would be nice if all I had to do is take my translated US marriage cert to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Thanks

You will have to go to a translation bureau for a translation, along wireless road there are several. They will translate the document for you for soemthing like 300 or 400 baht. (Just a template they fill in with your personal details).

This tranlated docuemtn together with the origial you take to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs for legalisation and you pick it up a few days later. You can also let the transaltion agency do the legalisation for you. If you do it yourself it shoud cost 800 baht.

You will have to go to a translation bureau for a translation, along wireless road there are several. They will translate the document for you for soemthing like 300 or 400 baht. (Just a template they fill in with your personal details).

This tranlated docuemtn together with the origial you take to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs for legalisation and you pick it up a few days later. You can also let the transaltion agency do the legalisation for you. If you do it yourself it shoud cost 800 baht.

So I don't need to get an affidavit of marriage from the US embassy and have that translated? I can just have my marriage Cert(license) translated and have MFA certify this in stead.

Thanks

So I don't need to get an affidavit of marriage from the US embassy and have that translated? I can just have my marriage Cert(license) translated and have MFA certify this in stead.

Thanks

Understand the process is slightly different for US citizens, as US embassy will not certify a US marriage certificate. Instead the husband and wife will affirm that they are married and the embassy will issue a marriage affidavit. The marriage affidavit needs translating into Thai, then legalising by the MFA, then taken to amphur for registration of the marriage. Would suggest you obtain Form Kor Sor 2 (copy of marriage register) at the same time as you may need it later if applying for/renewing extension of stay at Thai immigration.

Thanks

Understand the process is slightly different for US citizens, as US embassy will not certify a US marriage certificate. Instead the husband and wife will affirm that they are married and the embassy will issue a marriage affidavit. The marriage affidavit needs translating into Thai, then legalising by the MFA, then taken to amphur for registration of the marriage. Would suggest you obtain Form Kor Sor 2 (copy of marriage register) at the same time as you may need it later if applying for/renewing extension of stay at Thai immigration.

That is the info I need - Thanks much!