Sleeping Staff

baza

i have been visiting the newish pool hall MEGA BREAK ,over the last 2 months ,great set up the boys have got there. and good luck to em,however a couple of points .

1 / the girls takeing care of setting up ,some of them will sit or stand looking into ?their future or thin air, with no clue of whats going on around them ,its getting so you have to call out, or whistle, or wave your arms about to get some service, bless them?

2/ for some strange reason,on the odd occasion ,the music gets to a level ,that it drives you out the place ,with ravey ,trance party ,rubbish,

on average i visit 3/4 times a week ,doing a 1000 bahts in 2 hours ,its upto you fellas ,i know. but i dont, want to play pool listerning to that shit, thumping in my head , and i aint there for a dance ,

punters are few and far between laterly ,so best you take care of the ones you got .

if you beleive that this music attracts the customers ,next time you turn the music up ,take note of how many hang around ,i for one wont be one of em ,that said i do wish you lads all the best with place ,great concept, dont screw it up

i have been visiting the newish pool hall MEGA BREAK ,over the last 2 months ,great set up the boys have got there. and good luck to em,however a couple of points .

1 / the girls takeing care of setting up ,some of them will sit or stand looking into ?their future or thin air, with no clue of whats going on around them ,its getting so you have to call out, or whistle, or wave your arms about to get some service, bless them?

That's because the place is not "newish" but has been around for maybe 5 years or so...so the "girls" have been racking them balls for a long time and are bored to death of it by now :)

2/ for some strange reason,on the odd occasion ,the music gets to a level ,that it drives you out the place ,with ravey ,trance party ,rubbish,

This happens at any farang owned Thai business when the farang owner or manager is not around...they turn the place into a Thai disco or karaoke joint. Most Thais actually believe that the way to attract customers is to create the most obnoxious noise pollution possible.

Have not been in awhile but it used to be a happening place with some hot and friendly racking girls...stopped going when they stopped allowing pay per game rather than by the hour.

It's like they used to day in the Soviet Union - they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work. I'd like to see how motivated some here would be at 300 baht per day.

Good analogy and I think you're overstating it at 300 Baht a day, they will probably be lucky if they're getting 200!

Edited by gmac

It's like they used to day in the Soviet Union - they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work. I'd like to see how motivated some here would be at 300 baht per day.

Good analogy and I think you're overstating it at 300 Baht a day, they will probably be lucky if they're getting 200!

Paid according to worth

on average i visit 3/4 times a week ,doing a 1000 bahts in 2 hours ,its upto you fellas ,i know. but i dont, want to play pool listerning to that shit, thumping in my head , and i aint there for a dance ,

punters are few and far between laterly ,so best you take care of the ones you got .

if you beleive that this music attracts the customers ,next time you turn the music up ,take note of how many hang around ,i for one wont be one of em ,that said i do wish you lads all the best with place ,great concept, dont screw it up

It's okay voicing your opinions on here OP but maybe the best thing to do is have a word with the owners of the bar/pool joint one of the times your there, most buisness men/women I have come across want their buisness to be a success and don't mind constructive critisism as long as it's done in a polite way, oh and nearly forgot, maybe their not reading Thai Visa forums.

Just a thought.

Edited by MB1

Paid according to worth

So are you saying a person is not worth 300 baht per day for their time?

Paid according to worth

So are you saying a person is not worth 300 baht per day for their time?

The minimum wage in Chonburi province is something like B175 or so...not saying that's what these jobs are worth but that would be a base rate for unskilled labour. The rackers probably make B 5000 or 6000 baht per month...but I can assure you that the ones with big racks make 2-3x their salaries a month in tips (not to mention any private lessons is handling a cue stick :) ).

Edited by IHateCaptcha

love a game of pool, whereabouts is megabreak situated and what are the opening hours?

Walk up soi 13 off 2nd road opposite Mikes shopping mall, (soi diana) Diane Inn, megabreak situated half way up on right hand side.

Also walk back down Soi Diana towards 2nd road and turn left at Kiss, another pool hall named Tims is not bad.

Enjoy.

surely its up to the management to kick ass and get their staff "on the ball" I think for a thai 300 baht is ok.for 6 days that 1800 baht per week,nearly 8000 baht per month,share a rented room 1000 baht per month,leaves 7000 baht per month,send 5000 baht home to mama and papa,still leaves 2000 baht per month for food and clothes,i think they just need to work a bit harder.oh yes i forgot plus tips too.and thats not taking into account the possibility of overtime doing short time :)

when i first started work in the UK i got 9 pound per week,i survived ok.

Are you serious?? You whistle out to get the staff attention? Do you think that is polite? Would you like it if someone whistled out to you? Maybe it is just you who they ignore!! Think you should learn some manners!!

Why, they just yell, "hey falang" to us. I find that offensive.

Are you serious?? You whistle out to get the staff attention? Do you think that is polite? Would you like it if someone whistled out to you? Maybe it is just you who they ignore!! Think you should learn some manners!!

Why, they just yell, "hey falang" to us. I find that offensive.

Why 'offensive'? If you are not an asian, you are a falang..whats the problem?

Its the ''tone of voice'' that could make it offensive, not the actual word.If you are getting ''the tone'' maybe you are either somewhere you shouldn't be ,or else you have created a situation yourself, whereby the Thai response has had some significance. [Maybe you are a 'whistler?'

Edited by expatdiane

I've experienced sleeping staff in thailand before....literally.

in departure lounge at koh samui airport for an early morning flight to bangkok - the bangkok airways assistant was sitting behind the refreshments counter sound asleep - I woke her up to ask her where the sugar was for the coffee....she genuinely looked at me like I had just stabbed her mother.

thai customer service at it's best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well said bigman.

I can tell you that from working offshore whistling to get someone elses attention like a dog can get you filled in for being disrespectful.

Let sleeping staff rest. God knows they aren't exactly earning the big coin, let them have some perks at least.