Entertainment Around Chit Lom

spiceman

Hi, Staying at the Grand Hyatt Erawan for 6 nights in Dec with my parents. Please could anybody inform me whats around the area of the hotel and Chit Lom skytrain station. The hotel is opposite Central shopping centre. Would be really great if we get some nice suggestions of decent bars and restaurants which are not that far away to visit in the evening. The type of food we like is Thai and chinese. The bars that I thought I could take them to would be hard rock and gullivers but wondered what else is around?

Thank you.

Amarin Food House in the 2nd floor of the Panunee Building is one of the best Thai restaurants in town. That's, I think, 2 buildings down from the Hyatt. You're right at Chitlom BTS station - you can quickly go anywhere in town from there, and you can WALK to Siam on the Skywalk.

Hi, Staying at the Grand Hyatt Erawan for 6 nights in Dec with my parents. Please could anybody inform me whats around the area of the hotel and Chit Lom skytrain station. The hotel is opposite Central shopping centre. Would be really great if we get some nice suggestions of decent bars and restaurants which are not that far away to visit in the evening. The type of food we like is Thai and chinese. The bars that I thought I could take them to would be hard rock and gullivers but wondered what else is around?Thank you.

after my last couple of visits to gullivers over the last 8 mos. i am thinking i would like to find a replacement of the same type, any suggestions?

Somehow I don't think Nana is necessarily what the OP had in mind for his parents.

There are some good restaurants in Central world, I recall JFchandler reviewing one a while back.

There is a nice shop in the Presidents tower (next to Gaysorn Plaza) selling all sorts of Thai handicrafts, it is Royally sponsored so the profits go to the craftspeople, not some middleman, and the quality is quite high.

Bully's on Sukhumvit, between 2 and 4 is easily accessible by skytrain and quite pleasant without the usual hassles.

Hi, Staying at the Grand Hyatt Erawan for 6 nights in Dec with my parents. Please could anybody inform me whats around the area of the hotel and Chit Lom skytrain station. The hotel is opposite Central shopping centre. Would be really great if we get some nice suggestions of decent bars and restaurants which are not that far away to visit in the evening. The type of food we like is Thai and chinese. The bars that I thought I could take them to would be hard rock and gullivers but wondered what else is around?

Thank you.

From Chidlom, the Lumphini Night Bazaar is just a short taxi ride. Silom is also just one BTS stop away, where you can find many fine restaurants including Anna's Cafe, Baan Khanitha(Sathorn) and Silom Village(Look for the Ruen Thep Restaurant, which has nightly dinner shows at a reasonable price). Molly Malones, is a nice pub with generally reasonably priced food, located in Soi Convent(next to Silom BTS).

Nippon Tei, which is a great Japanese restaurant is located at Rachadamri and also at the President Hotel at Chidlom. Rosabien is a very nice outdoor/indoor restaurant with music(tends towards soft jazz) located in Sukhumvit 11, where you can find an abundance of other fine restaurants as well(just a short walk from the Nana BTS). Of course, Cabbages and Cabbages in Sukhumvit 12 is always a great novelty restaurant, if you have never been there before. If you get lazy, just walk over to the Paragon shopping center.

Have eaten at the Amarin Food House a few times, which is very convenient but generally very empty as well. Nothing wrong with the food but a bit expensive for average thai food.

Edited by mauiguy90