Is Visa To Cambodia Required Of Us Citizen?

Visa is required for almost everyone entering Cambodia.

Visa requirements are very strict, all rules need to be followed, or visa will be refused.

Below I will list the requirements.

1. $20

Basically if a monkey shows up with $20 and a passport he'll get his visa on arrival.

A passport picture is also required, they staple it to your visa application before it goes into the circular file. When I went in 2005, I did not have one with me and I had to pay an extra $2 for one. This year my travel agent reminded me of the picture requirement as she has heard that they are running scams on those who do not have a picture with them and are trying to get more than $2 a pic.

So, if said monkey has $20, a valid passport and a passport sized pic, you're in. FYI there is also a $20-$25 charge on departure

A passport picture is also required, they staple it to your visa application before it goes into the circular file. When I went in 2005, I did not have one with me and I had to pay an extra $2 for one. This year my travel agent reminded me of the picture requirement as she has heard that they are running scams on those who do not have a picture with them and are trying to get more than $2 a pic.

So, if said monkey has $20, a valid passport and a passport sized pic, you're in. FYI there is also a $20-$25 charge on departure

I just Came back from Cambodia yesterday...There was no Exit fee Charged.

Couple of months ago it was charged on departure at airport. After a weeks stay. And this is official airport fee with receipt etc.

Then again in border you get the "oh you are not staying for the night, i think it is 100 baht then sir" and goes directly to their own pockets.

They do the same in PP airport if you don't have photo. Asking anything between 2 to 20 dollars for "photo fee" and no receipt. Also if you pay using 50 or 100 dollar bill they short change you 9 times out of 10.

Went into Cambodia for a couple of hours yesterday at Chong Jom and was allowed to go in without being 'stamped out' of Thailand at a cost of 800 baht, rather than the normal 1,500 baht/$20US. I didn't need a visa run - just a trip for the TW's family

Is this an official policy for a day pass? Silly me - 500 baht to Thai border pockets and 300 baht to Cambodia border guys.

I was given absolutely nothing official to denote my status for the day - I was a bit dubious about whether I would be challenged on return, but nobody seemed to want to check me coming back in - just sauntered through

[Quite why anyone would want to go into Cambodia for 2 hours at Chong Jom defeats me, (other than to laugh at how the Thai metal road suddenly morphs into a bumpy mud track), but the Thai family seemed to enjoy becoming 'international tourists' and I was reliably informed that the handbags were much cheaper than in Bangkok and with more variety. I cannot possibly comment on whether they were real or not]