Pm Urges Thais To Help Conserve Oil And Electric

george

PM urges Thais to help conserve oil and electricity

BANGKOK: -- The Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has urged the public to help conserve energy after the value of Thailand’s oil imports in February ballooned to more than 40 billion baht.

Oil now accounts for more than fifty percent of Thailand’s total imports, and is a key factor causing the country’s current trade deficit.

The government is now considering ways to encourage diesel users to switch to natural gas vehicles (NGV) to help lower Thailand’s oil imports and trade deficit, Mr. Thaksin said during his weekly radio broadcast on Saturday.

Electricity consumption peaked on 30 March at more than 20 thousand (20,211.5) megawatts, an increase of nearly nine hundred megawatts or around 5%.

People should help by conserving electricity, although there are sufficient reserves, the PM said.

Thailand’s electricity reserves are maintained at 20% and the peak in consumption earlier this week was still below the 7% earlier estimated increase, according to Kraisri Karnasutra, governor of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand.

Thais should help conserve power produced by imported fuel as this makes electricity more expensive than natural gas, he said.

-- TNA 2005-04-02

The government is now considering ways to encourage diesel users to switch to natural gas vehicles (NGV) to help lower Thailand’s oil imports and trade deficit, Mr. Thaksin said during his weekly radio broadcast on Saturday.

Can somebody please tell Thaksin that at Thailand's temperatures, most diesel engines can burn vegetable oil without requiring modification. And the two densest oil crops are coconuts and palms...

Can somebody please tell Thaksin that at Thailand's temperatures, most diesel engines can burn vegetable oil without requiring modification. And the two densest oil crops are coconuts and palms...

Why can't you tell him? :o

Why can't you tell him? :o

Well I just did. As much as I am able...

Well, I'm doing my little bit to conserve energy. I don't make as many phone calls now so I don't have to recharge my battery as often. :o

That'll please Taki I'm sure. :D

Edited by Gazza