Bts Skytrain

Thanyaburi Mac

I need to head down to Bangkok early tomorrow for breakfast with a friend in from the U.S. Thought I'd take the Eastern Ring Road, then the new extension that connects with the Ramintra-Ajnarong Expressway, get off at Sukumvit Soi 50, park at Lotus, and Skytrain from there. Have done this a number of times now and with that new ring road to expressway connection, becomes almost a pleasant drive.

But, this'll be early on, so what time does the Skytrain start running from the Onut station?

BTW, parking at that TESCO-LOTUS is free for up to three hours, then baht 50 per hour.

Mac

I need to head down to Bangkok early tomorrow for breakfast with a friend in from the U.S. Thought I'd take the Eastern Ring Road, then the new extension that connects with the Ramintra-Ajnarong Expressway, get off at Sukumvit Soi 50, park at Lotus, and Skytrain from there. Have done this a number of times now and with that new ring road to expressway connection, becomes almost a pleasant drive.

But, this'll be early on, so what time does the Skytrain start running from the Onut station?

BTW, parking at that TESCO-LOTUS is free for up to three hours, then baht 50 per hour.

Mac

Pretty sure its 6am mate.

Yeah 6 am to midnight, Trains actually start running about 15 minutes beforehand to 'fill up' the tracks. If you're lucky you can skip by a security guard with a smile and catch one. Stations doors fully open at exactly 6 though.

Mac

Thanks, guys, got it, 0600 or perhaps a bit earlier.

Mac

Does the car park at Tesco open 24/24?

Got down to Tesco-Lotus at 0535, parking lot not yet open, went to a side soi and parked there. Then walking back through the T-L parking lot, saw that they'd just opened, 0540 hrs, back to my van and moved it into the lot. Up the stairs to the Skytrain, gates still pulled down, went up at 0550+ hrs, and the first train pulled out just before 0600 hrs. Off to Nana Station and the Landmark, late arrival by about 10 minutes, not too bad for a longish run from Klong 10.

Mac