Canon Eos 7d

Tracer Round

I got one when they first came out here in Aus, personally I love it!

Previously was using the 450D (which I still have) and the 7D is a much better camera in every way.

Have not used a full frame before so cant comment on the likes of 5DII, but IMO the 7D lives up to the hype.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :)

I am waiting to see what Canon is going to do regarding a 60D, and also waiting for the Busch 7D guide to come out. Then I'll decide. I will say, based on the pics I am seeing on one of the other photo forums, I am VERY impressed.

My understanding is that the 7D is the replacement for the 50D...

I've been reading about excessive noise at LOW iso which seems to actually improve at the higher range! Seems sky detail suffers a lot.

However, the most disconcerting issue is focusing with wide angle lenses - the longer lenses seem fine but very indifferent on wider stuff, especially wider zooms

1.6 crop puts me off as well

Too much money IMHO

I am waiting to see what Canon is going to do regarding a 60D, and also waiting for the Busch 7D guide to come out. Then I'll decide. I will say, based on the pics I am seeing on one of the other photo forums, I am VERY impressed.

My understanding is that the 7D is the replacement for the 50D...

It might be. The various Canon websites are all abuzz about that and Canon has said nothing one way or the other. Canonites love speculating about the future! :)

Heres a ISO 400 shot for you, straight out of camera. 1/2 second at f/10 using 100mm Macro lens

4087822725_c4999b6417_o.jpg

1/2 a second? That's a pretty still dog - mine isn't sharp at under a 1/250 unless I nail her to the chair :) .

I just got a 7D and in the little time I've had to play with it (see post re impending exhibition) I am very happy. It was a replacement for my trusty 20D which must have done well over it's specified shutter clicks and I'm trading down my 1D MkIII for a used 5D which will make an easier to carry pair for my ageing back to put up with. My 1D is in the classifieds at the moment should anyone want a seriously rugged camera for sports (or war!) photography.