Uric Acid Blood Test

Nokka

Hi, I will be in Thailand for a few months from end of November. Whilst there I will need to have a couple blood tests done to determine my uric acid levels. I'm unsure where I should go to get this done. I will not be registered with a doctor, so do I go to a hospital, a clinic or where ?

Also, does anybody know how much these blood tests cost in Thailand and how quickly I will get the results.

I will start of in Bangkok, so somewhere there would be good, but will also be in Chiang Mai for a time.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Go to a hospital, Bumrungrad, Samitivej to name a few, set up an appointment, (nothing past the lips after midnight), go there the next morning and they will draw your blood and then they will tell you at that time to go have breakfast. Results will be back within 2 hours.

Cost will be reasonable.

Uric acid check costs me 160 baht at Vejthani Hospital and is available within an hour. I have done on doctor visits with other tests so expect a consult might be required but all in all should be less than 6-700 baht at most good hospitals. Most clinic type places do not have any testing facilities or lab available.

You can also do it in Chiangmai.

The Blood test itself cost about 100 Baht plus medical fee.

Total cost would be 250 Baht.

There is a local clinic do the blood test.

Any hospital will do it for you just mean you have to pay more.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a blood clinic to check my blood level had a complete fasting blood levels checked including 100 baht urine check, total cost for all 590 baht.

I did have a slightly elevated uric acid level.

Clinic was in Nakhon Sawan, you should be able to get them in most areas in Thailand on a walk-in basis.

Results ready in one hour!

kikoman' date='2009-11-14 22:44:23' post='3140725']

I went to a blood clinic to check my blood level had a complete fasting blood levels checked including 100 baht urine check, total cost for all 590 baht.

I did have a slightly elevated uric acid level.

Clinic was in Nakhon Sawan, you should be able to get them in most areas in Thailand on a walk-in basis.

Results ready in one hour!

Worried about uric acid ? Stay away from shell fish and chicken livers , Baking powder in water helps to clear it out of your system , drink a teaspoonfull before bed and same when you get up in the morning , gout can be excrutiatingly painfull .