Airport Security

david96

How many travellers do not lock their baggage when travelling? Quite a number do not. An Australian citizen is on trial in Indonesia for smuggling 4.1 kgs of ganja,she claims that it was placed in her bag by baggage handlers at Brisbane Airport. As yet there is no proof of this.But travellers should be warned to lock and secure their baggage and make sure they know what they are carrying when going through customs. It could happen to anyone.

How many travellers do not lock their baggage when travelling? Quite a number do not. An Australian citizen is on trial in Indonesia for smuggling 4.1 kgs of ganja,she claims that it was placed in her bag by baggage handlers at Brisbane Airport. As yet there is no proof of this.But travellers should be warned to lock and secure their baggage and make sure they know what they are carrying when going through customs. It could happen to anyone.

Good advice!

Of course she's probably full of <deleted>. :o

cv

If you're traveling to or from the US, don't bother to lock your luggage because the TSA (Transportation Security Agency) will break open the lock in order to inspect inside. They may re-lock with a cable tie, but that's it.

Good advice!

Of course she's probably full of <deleted>. :o

cv

I don't think so, 2 more peeps have come fwd with the same story but were not searched, they contacted DFAT & was told to dump it in the dunny, this seemed to block said dunny so they spread it out as garden mulch in Bali :D

It appears that this was a delivery deal that went wrong....... the baggage handlers were using her boogie board bag to transport the grass from BNE to SYD and the guy in SYD screwed up and the dope went on to Bali..

This lass was on a hol with her family and had never had any previous "form" or connection with drugs.

She faces the death penalty if convicted, the case resumes this week in Bali.

I always secure my bags with colored electrical ties and get the check-in girl to verify that they are secured this way.

A few times i have put a small padlock on my bag coming from Bkk to Melbourne. Picking up the bag in Melbourne it is minus one lock :D I assume security at Don Muang had a good peek :D

I have been following the story about the Aussie caught with pot in Bali . Seems pretty bizzare. Maybe she was set up. :D But ,wondering why a baggage handler would take a risk transporting pot from Brissie to Sydney . Surely there are much easier ways; such as chucking it in the boot of your car and doing an all night driving trip. :o

I was warned years ago about locking all the zippers on my bags. But it wasn't because of baggage handlers, but that someone in the lobby, as I waited in the check-in line, could slip something into my suitcase. Pretty slick, actually, as he knows which flight I'm on and then he -- or a confederate -- meets me and my baggage at the other end. All the risk is on me.

Oh, there are TSA approved locks out now (about $10 each, however) that are combination locks, but which accept special TSA keys to open. But no doubt every slick thief in the baggage room now carries TSA keys.......