Snake: Friendly Visit (pics)

WOW OP, Great pics. What Camera did you take them with, they are a bit grainy when I enlarge them, but still, good effort.

Im glad you didnt kill it, like half the <deleted> that come accross snakes do.

Edited by neverdie

Truly beautiful snakes...but you do realize they are "mildly venomous"?

Yes, but for all the reading I have done, this snake would need to bite you for several minutes before the venom will take effect.

A safe distance and respect of the snake, ensure safety.

WOW OP, Great pics. What Camera did you take them with, they are a bit grainy when I enlarge them, but still, good effort.

Camera is Sony DSC-H50.

It was actually hard to get it to focus properly.

Any recommendation on what to use for this type of photo.

Camera is Sony DSC-H50.

It was actually hard to get it to focus properly.

Any recommendation on what to use for this type of photo.

Well Im not expert, just a beginner hack myself. Perhaps you might like to go to the Photography sub forum and re-post the pics under a different title and ask the question to the guys there.......its a fantastic place for photographic advice, some of the guys there are really in the know.

For me, I would guess that since you had so much trouble focusing, that you were using the auto mode and the camera was having difficulties with all the green colours and not knowing where to focus. YOU need to grab the camera by the scruff of the neck and change the settings to MANUAL, play with apetures and shutter speeds and so forth. Great effort though, especially with a moving target. :)

Edited by neverdie

Couldn't resist adding one of my own. Different kind however.

Nice pic too, interesting that the green snake was in the green foalage and the brown snake was hiding amoungst the brown timber of the house or whatever it was :)

The "whatever it was" happened to be the Black Village up here in Chiang Rai. While taking pictures of the interesting and elaborate structures this little guy caught my eye as he danced to some unheard beat.

• 2 weeks later...

The bronzebacks are the most common snakes in our area. The golden tree snake is second.

One of the bronzebacks caught a rather large toad. The toad was too big to eat and the snake had of the toad's legs swallowed up to its body. They were that way for a long time so I finally rescued the toad. LOL!

• 1 month later...
The bronzebacks are the most common snakes in our area. The golden tree snake is second.

One of the bronzebacks caught a rather large toad. The toad was too big to eat and the snake had of the toad's legs swallowed up to its body. They were that way for a long time so I finally rescued the toad. LOL!

Didn't want try a rescue that bloody Gheko was waking me up at night

post-36430-1261609152_thumb.jpgpost-36430-1261608880_thumb.jpg

Tall order getting that tokay down I think.post-67161-1261870802_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Rescued A Frog From A Snake Club. I had gone to Phra Buddhamonton for the afternoon and was just lazily walking around the grounds. Just across the stream I saw a large snake...no idea what species...grab a frog. Just as the snake began to swallow it sensed me, raised up alert, and that frog hopped right out of the snake's mouth and down into the water.

I was walking along beach road in July last year when a snake fell out of a tree, opposite soy 8. it just climbed back into the tree. nobody botherd it :) . it was the first one i had seen in Pattaya, I have seen them In the Jungle and Bangkok,

• 2 weeks later...

Tall order getting that tokay down I think.post-67161-1261870802_thumb.jpg

true... have a few more shots of a very lumpy tree snake but missed the intake as was eating breakfast myself..lol Heres also another little visitor same as another post ..pretty little bugger..

happy new year..

post-36430-1263080419_thumb.jpg

post-36430-1263080751_thumb.jpg

post-36430-1263080897_thumb.jpg

the green snake is venomous - and not scared of people (or at least the one I have encountered behing my house clearing the bush). The next time I venture there I first send dogs to scare all the wildlife

Did not seem to be scared of anything that little one!! We have five dogs... only two barked at it and it did not move... eventually just turned tail and slowly went off into the bush....if you mean the big tree snake..yes we were told yesterday.. pretty dangerous the village people and rellies told us!