Strange Dry Skin Problem On Hands

Morbius

I have been living in Bangkok for the past 8 months and I am experiencing a strange condition.

The symptoms are: over the past few months, the skin of my hands, especially on the palms, has progressively become drier and drier and, at some point, it has "cracked" in several areas (micro-cuts of 1-2 mm long). Those cuts are obviously painful as you can imagine. This shows how severe this problem has become now.

When the problem started, I went to see a dermatologist at one of the hospitals here in Bangkok. This doctor has prescribed several creams for the skin, which I have successively applied over the past 4 months:

- UREA cream

- Dermovate

- Aristocort A

But it looks like none of these medications has any durable affect. They temporarily help to relieve the symptoms through their moisturizing effect but, after a while, my skin gets dry again. In fact, the problem I have has only worsened since I started to use those drugs.

Before Bangkok, I was living in Koh Samui (4 months), and in Singapore (10 years). I never experienced such a problem before. Note that those places have a more humid climate than Bangkok.

My dermatologist thinks that soap/detergents could have caused the problems, but I have some doubts about it.

I personally think that one (or several) of the following could be at the origin - or at least a contributing factor - to the problem:

- the weather (rather dry in this season, compared to what I was used to before)

- the air pollution

- the public water, which I use to wash myself (does anyone do otherwise?)

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Or has a suggestion as for what I could possibly do? I just don't know what to do to get rid of this on-going problem which has been dragging on for so long now.

In a differential diagnosis of your problem, one would pay attention to the fact that the condition affects the palms of your hands the most, then I assume secondarily the backs of your hands.

You make no mention of the rest of your body. Thus one can conclude that the causitive factor is not something that would affect your whole body, such as weather, pollution in the air, water or the like.

I have experienced the same condition on the heels of my feet when I wear sandals and do not keep my heel calluses trimmed.

Likewise, when I bowled a lot, I had a chronic problem with cracking of the skin on my thumb.

Look to where you put your hands and how you use them for a clue. Do you work with your hands more in BKK? Do you put your hands in solutions of any kind, ie. doing dishes, etc?

There are few dermatologic problems that can be cured internally, that is why dermatologists usually suggest creams to alleviate skin conditions.

Clearly, your hands are drier now than before, but I would look to see if your hands are more callused than before and if the calluses are cracking, rather than more normal skin. If that is the case, trim the calluses and use hand cream at least twice a day.

I have hyper-keratosis, primarily in my lower extermities, ie. when I look at my bare feet I look like I am wearing alligator shoes!

Old age is a bitch. Creams daily. No help short of laser or freezing of the lesions. Purely cosmetic and itchy. The bane of my existence.

I sypathize with you completely.

Give us more details about the use of your hands in daily life and perhaps someone will spot the cause.

Got the same thing about a year ago doc told me it was hand washing detergent stopped using it things got better used some antisecptic cream to clear up the cuts the a good quality hand moisturising cream for the rest the peleing did spread to my fingers before it cleared up though.

I had a similar problem a while ago.

Doctor suggested:

Not washing my hands more than 2-3 times a day, and then thoroughly drying them.

Not using a scented type of soap.

Not using any type of hand cream.

Applying Aristocort A after washing and drying and before bed.

It did take a while (several months) but my hands did stop going hard, dry, cracking and itching. I now use Protex Simple soap which seems to be fine.

I had a similar problem a while ago.

Doctor suggested:

Not washing my hands more than 2-3 times a day, and then thoroughly drying them.

Not using a scented type of soap.

Not using any type of hand cream.

Applying Aristocort A after washing and drying and before bed.

It did take a while (several months) but my hands did stop going hard, dry, cracking and itching. I now use Protex Simple soap which seems to be fine.

I agree with what was said. My first thought would be soap. However it could be a allergic reaction to some local foods. I had a friend in the states who was from New Hampshire who moved to Connecticut. Her face was a mess with a form of acne when she was in Connecticut. She went to dermatologists and they gave her cream. Then she went back to New Hampshire for 2 weeks to see her mom. In 4 days her face cleared up. When she came back to Connecticut it started up again inside a week. In here case it was something in the air. The other thing is HIV can bring on skin problems too such as psoriasis dandruff and a few other skin problems. I have had psoriasis on my elbows for over 30 years now, and I was surprised that HIV would cause that in people who never had skin problems before. I stumbled across that when I was researching new treatments for psoriasis. I finally got fed up and purchased some ace type elbow supports at Robinson. I cut up a plastic bag to keep the lotion from being absorbed in the support and applied my cream. In about a week the problem got much better. Keeping it moist was part of the key. However my psoriasis is hereditary, my mother and grandmother had it in all the same places. My mothers only went away when she started chemotherapy. So if left unattended even it the best of conditions mine would return. You may want to get some surgical gloves and load them up with vaseline intensive care lotion and wear them at night to see if it helps. In any case there is too much of something causing the problem you need to play detective and find what it is. Eliminate things one at a time. A good place to start may be seafood. You can even get good old Dial soap at MBK to see if antibacterial soap may help. Check to see if any of the cleaning agents used in your house are the cause. A lot of the stuff here in Asia is industrial strength and may leave something behind.

John Krukowski, C.H.

First of all, thanks to all. This is very valuable feedback.

Based on your comments, I'll bring some precisions now.

ProThaiExpat, your guess was right: the condition affects secondarily the back of my hands, especially on the articulations, and thirdly (but this is very minor) my elbows. No other part of my body is affected. But are you sure that this necessarily rule out any cause in the weather, air condition or water? My feeling is that, while those factors may not be the main cause of my problem, some could have contributed to make things worse. I hope that, with the wet season coming soon, I will get better...

I do not work with my hands or with any kinds of chemicals or so. I wash dishes with plain water or mild soap, and I wear gloves when I do so (based on my dermatologist's advice, before I did not!). Besides this, I have always been hygiene conscious, washing my hands several times a day (perhaps too much!), and I have even been called "hygiene maniac" by some! (especially those who saw me avoid to touch external objects such as handling poles in the train, escalator hand rails, door handles - except at home - ...). Ironically, this did not prevent problems to happen...

I do not think that I have callousness problems. In fact, my dermatologist said that the skin of my hand is very thin. So, there is really nothing that I can peel here!

Slimdog, it looks like your doctor gave similar advice. I will continue to use the Aristocort A cream my doctor prescribed, although I think that, as for now, it had no effect at all.

John, the story you relate is interesting as it shows that a change of environment can generate those kind of problems. I will travel to Singapore next month, so we shall see if this has any effect on my condition, although my trip may be too short (just a few days) to have a real effect... As for the food, I doubt it could be the cause. Here again, I am extremely cautious about what I take, especially when I eat outside, and I am also a quasi vegetarian. Besides this, I have no problem with my face skin at all. I agree with your idea of eliminating things one by one. I have stopped using any of those cleaning products at home without wearing gloves (I didn't use much of them before, anyway). But this had no effect on my condition. I wish to try this anti-bacterial soap you mention: could you specify what it is? Is Dial the brand name? And where exactly at MBK can you find it?

I think that there are 2 steps in the resolution of my problem: 1. To get rid of it. 2. To prevent it from coming back. Right now, I am working at step 1.

What makes me feel better:

* Washing my hands with water only, although I know it is not recommended.

* Wearing those thin latex medical gloves. Sounds silly but I think this prevent dryness.

* Using those hand creams that were prescribed by my doctor. However, as I said earlier the relief is temporary only, and after the product has dried, the condition appears again. Unfortunately, all in all, I think that my condition has deteriorated after I started the treatments (which is my I decided to post here in this Forum!)

What makes me feel worse:

* Touching paper, like when I read a book or newspapers.

* Being in an air-conditioned place, so I have reduced it at home.

* Keeping my hand immobile ("frozen" like), like when I handle the mouse of my computer.

ProThaiExpat, your guess was right: the condition affects secondarily the back of my hands, especially on the articulations, and thirdly (but this is very minor) my elbows. No other part of my body is affected. But are you sure that this necessarily rule out any cause in the weather, air condition or water? My feeling is that, while those factors may not be the main cause of my problem, some could have contributed to make things worse. I hope that, with the wet season coming soon, I will get better...

I do not work with my hands or with any kinds of chemicals or so. I wash dishes with plain water or mild soap, and I wear gloves when I do so (based on my dermatologist's advice, before I did not!). Besides this, I have always been hygiene conscious, washing my hands several times a day (perhaps too much!), and I have even been called "hygiene maniac" by some! (especially those who saw me avoid to touch external objects such as handling poles in the train,  escalator hand rails, door handles - except at home - ...). Ironically, this did not prevent problems to happen...

I do not think that I have callousness problems. In fact, my dermatologist said that the skin of my hand  is very thin. So, there is really nothing that I can peel here!

Slimdog, it looks like your doctor gave similar advice. I will continue to use the Aristocort A cream my doctor prescribed, although I think that, as for now, it had no effect at all.

John, the story you relate is interesting as it shows that a change of environment can generate those kind of problems. I will travel to Singapore next month, so we shall see if this has any effect on my condition, although my trip may be too short (just a few days) to have a real effect... As for the food, I doubt it could be the cause. Here again, I am extremely cautious about what I take, especially when I eat outside, and I am also a quasi vegetarian. Besides this, I have no problem with my face skin at all. I agree with your idea of eliminating things one by one. I have stopped using any of those cleaning products at home without wearing gloves (I didn't use much of them before, anyway). But this had no effect on my condition. I wish to try  this anti-bacterial soap you mention: could you specify what it is? Is Dial the brand name? And where exactly at MBK can you find it?

I think that there are 2 steps in the resolution of my problem: 1. To get  rid of it. 2. To prevent it from coming back. Right now, I am working at step 1.

* Wearing those thin latex medical gloves. Sounds silly but I think this prevent dryness.

* Using those hand creams that were prescribed by my doctor. However, as I said earlier the relief is temporary only, and after the product has dried, the condition appears again. Unfortunately, all in all, I think that my condition has deteriorated after I started the treatments (which is my I decided to post here in this Forum!)

* Keeping my hand immobile ("frozen" like), like when I handle the mouse of my computer.

Tokyu in MBK (I think that’s how it is spelled). Anyway the store you enter from the sky train. Go to the floor where they sell the food (4th?) It is there. Get Dial Gold, The others are scented. I have a bunch I brought back from the states but I think it is 3 for 100 Bhat. Over washing your hands... OCD? Aloe is good for the skin too, but I don’t know if it is here. Some people just cut open a plant and rub it on. It could not hurt to try if you can tolerate what looks like honey on your hands. You are on the right track. I don’t think the wet season has much to do with it. The dew point here is 70's and 80's consistently, and that is plenty wet. You may be touching something you may be allergic too. Has anything been stained lately, hand rails? That could be a irritant too. Go to webmd and look around there.

John Krukowski, C.H.

• 2 weeks later...

John, thanks again for your feedback.

I have tried to use some anti-bacterial cream with aloe vera. Very poor results so far. I have stopped using the Aristocort A cream after 15 days of use as it had given no result at all. I can't see what could cause this at all. I am actually quite desperate about it: I have tried so many products, and none has given any satisfactory results! I even have the impression that, the more I use them, the worse I get!

I have a similar problem with my right leg. It is very dry and I scratch it constantly. I have numerous gray scars where the healing from drawing blood due to the scratching was infected and it did not heal right.

At first I thought it was insect bites, but I installed screens so there are few if any creatures in my place to bite/eat me now.

I have tried creams, insect repellents, soaps, no soap .... still struggling to survive my first year in LOS/Bkk.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

there is something in the air in bangkok. I don't know what it is, but I know it is there. why, you ask?

..I used to leave a pair of rubber gloves out in my balcony all the time. you know, the orange ones you buy at big c to wear when you clean the dishes. anyway, I noticed that they would become brittle really fast. thought that maybe it was because they were of poor quality.

then, for really no reason, I started storing them in my room away from the outside air. ...it's been a year now, and I have yet to need to buy another pair of those rubber gloves.

something else I've noticed...

there is this toothpaste sold at the supermarkets. has a picture of a black person on the tube. don't recall the name. but everyone who has lived in bangkok long knows what I'm talking about.

anyway, I bought a tube of it to use once. I'm the kind of guy who likes to grind away with the toothbush so as to make a bunch of bubbles in my mouth with the toothpaste. when I did so with this new toothpaste, I would get blisters around the borders of my mouth if I didn't rinse the residue completely away after I finished brushing my teeth.

after that experience, I went back to colgate.

another thing...

be sure to clean the filters on your airconditioner every month. I've been in places where they are never cleaned. when you go to hotels, clean them before you sleep in the room.

...to the guy in the back no, I'm not anal.

I have this same problem but for the past few years. This time of the year is the worse, actualy im using cotton gloves as i type right now. After another week this will go away (for me) but not completely. Have you looked into the other issues of this?

such as:

ekzema or phoryisis (sorry spelling) Having either will really make it worse at certain times of the year. I can tell you for me its the itchyness that gets to me everytime.

Things i do to help

cotton gloves so my hands can breath.

no powers on my hands

no sented soaps.

bottled water or boiled for cleaning no more that two times a day.

most of all i do not use moisterizers alot this will give a nice effect for about an hour, then it becomes worse.

hope this helps.

now I hear your a vegatarian I see what is your problem.you need eat many fish .

its proven that most kind of fish contain a certain oil good for the body and skin,now if you eat lots of meat etc.. it can replace this ,but heard you a vegatarian I presume the stuff you eat is garbage like to much vegtables. people who eat allot of fat food also has a fat skin.

remember you are what you eat.if it aint some skin disease its prolly your food.

I bet if you eat 2 months fresh fish everyday,your problem is solved.

I also think your skinny type of guy right?

Edited by Toverknop

Not too long ago, I was a strict vegetarian, so I can tell you that fish oil can make quite a difference health wise. If you don't feel comfortable going this route yet then I'd suggest using some fresh aloe vera cuz its healing properties are not stable, and are often times all lost in the tube, except for the lubricating quality (make sure you use just the inner jelly though to avoid irritation). You may also consider using suitable essential oils like tumeric and chammomile. Avoid hot tap water as this tend to increase fluorine and chlorine absorption. Get CASTOR OIL and apply it topically.. It is an incredible emolient. You may want to switch to milder soaps and use milder dish-washing bar, instead of liquid. A small amount of red garlic and onion in your diet may also be helpful.. But don't take too much of these if your diet is going to remain primarily vegetarian. Avoid using toothpaste with floride content. In Bangkok, you're exposed to more of all chemicals you may previously been exposed to, so cut back on any toxic chemicals you can.

Multi-Vitamins, chlorella, sprulina, coconut water and meat (to get the natural oil coconut ) are some of the things you may also consider including in your diet.

Best of Luck

stay away from LATEX anything;

the doctors latex gloves are a common cause of dermatitis that later on becomes a a full blown latex allergy ( a n occupation disease for many doctors ) try to use nitrile gloves, if u must use gloves; use palm or coconut oil on dry areas or, try chemical and not animal based oils (some people react to lanolin oils in many lotions);

try aveeno products (oatmeal skin care products); stay away from vaseline and other petroleum or alcohol based products...

its trial and error

i am a safety and hygiene coordinator by training and latex is a big no no for workers; our factory workers all moved to nitrile after one worker was found to have first stage allergly (dermatitis) to latex gloves...

my kids are all skin allergic (excemas) and for each child somehting different sets it off: one child sufferes from our hamsin (desert winds) every season and cortisone and good lotion (roc brand expensive hypoallergenic) seems to work; doesnt shower for more than five minute, no shampoo every day, no soap (only johnson and johnson facial cleanser for intimate areas as ph 7).... each one w/his/her own shampoos soaps etc... our water is very very hard so also problematic...

only cotton clothing, loose fitting.... newspapers can also cause dry hands as the ink is very nasty, we dont even use it to line animal cages cause its really bad for them....

olive oil for hands works well also

certain fruits: oranges, tropicals of some kinds , tomatoes, etc... from touch and eating... its all trial and error for these things, also emotional states, stress, etc...

good luck

Once again, thanks to all of you for posting, talking about your experience and advising me! Here are my comments.

Haha, I think we all agree that there is "something in the air in Bangkok". Starting with a lot of dirt, dust and pollution! I agree that it is important to keep all air-conditioners at home clean and regularly maintained.

Nokmdk, your idea of wearing cotton gloves, perhaps at home and when in an air-conditioned room, sounds good and I will try. Did you find those cotton gloves you use in Bangkok? If you did, could you indicate where you got them, as it does not seem to be an item easy to find - at least in the departments stores I've checked so far. That could save time. Moisturizers and all the medical creams I have tried until now have the same ill effect you mention: I feel good for 1/2 hr to 1 hr, after which it is worse once it has absorbed and dried.

Slimdog, no idea what this anti-histamine tablets are. Perhaps I should check with my doctor if it is appropriate in my case.

Toverknop and Bangkokian, in fact, I am only a semi-vegetarian. I do not eat meat at all, but I have fish from time to time (maybe, twice a week). While I agree that fish oil may have some benefits for people with dry skin problems, I doubt very much that this is the main cause of my problem, since I have followed this diet for many years, and I have suffered from this skin problem only for several months. I do eat lots of fruit and vegetables (wondering why you call them "garbage", Toverknop!), and also grains, and dairy products. I am not skinny, not fat either, just average. Unless I can be convinced it could solve my problem, I really don't wish to change my diet, as I enjoy too much the benefits of it!

Toverknop, as for your suggestion of using fresh aloe vera, do you mean eating it or rubbing it on the skin? As for fluoride, my tooth paste is fluoride-free. However, I started to use mouth wash with fluoride last year, following my dentist's advice. That was about 2 months before my skin problems started. Could there be a link? The skin problem I have is on my hands. My mouth is fine.

Bina, what you wrote is interesting. So, you say latex is an absolute NO. I have been using latex gloves in the recent past. I noticed that my skin gets drier after I start to use new gloves, probably due to the powder inside. I have stopped using those gloves anyway. If that was the cause of my problem, I am now wondering what I could do to correct it...

Well, I think that I have stopped using most of the bad things that you all mentioned. But I am not better. Due to the dryness, several micro-cuts have appeared on my hands. They heal and then come back... Not sure what I will do, perhaps also seeing another skin specialist for 2nd opinion...

Thanks again to all.

the cheaper the latex glove, the more powder, and also the more protein latex you are exposed to and chance of developing contact dermatitis goes up, etc....

sorry i didnt pay attention before, its only on your hands... cause air con. would cause dry skin every where or the ac is so cold you are chapping your hands like in winter??

since i work with animals now i wash my hands a million times a day, and also am exposed to some chemical disinfectants, in addition, it is hamsin season so everything is dry like a furnace... my hands are awful... i cant touch any flimsy materials, paper feels awful to the touch , etc...

i do put the thai/chinese ya mung (tiger balm) on the cracks and cuts... it sthe same as 'udder balm' the stuff we put on cow/goat teats that are dry and cracked (from milking or newborn babies, etc)...

carmx cold sore stuff works great also ... i also alternate between all the creams lotions etc...

also, any not gold jewelry, even gold plated is not wonderful, nickel etc of course is super allergenic...

any skin doctors you go to will have to do detective work same as you but good luck

different anti histamines work for different things: lorastine is used every day and did nt do j___sh__ for my kid's skin allergy this hamsin season; cortisone cream and rich hyerallergenic skin creams, no hot showers no soap do wonders for her

someuse chlortrimeton (ahiston in israel dont remember chemical names) someuse benadryl for hives and dermititis reactions.... would check w/doctor first though

are you sure its not a fungus thing?? like athletes' foot , thrush, ringworm (not a worm, a candida )etc?? isnt bangkok kind of moist and dirty? never heard of this on hands but definately on feet or 'jock itch', or under bra straps areas so who knows

I do not work with my hands or with any kinds of chemicals or so. I wash dishes with plain water or mild soap, and I wear gloves when I do so (based on my dermatologist's advice, before I did not!). Besides this, I have always been hygiene conscious, washing my hands several times a day (perhaps too much!), and I have even been called "hygiene maniac" by some! (especially those who saw me avoid to touch external objects such as handling poles in the train,  escalator hand rails, door handles - except at home - ...). Ironically, this did not prevent problems to happen...

I do not think that I have callousness problems. In fact, my dermatologist said that the skin of my hand  is very thin. So, there is really nothing that I can peel here!

John, the story you relate is interesting as it shows that a change of environment can generate those kind of problems. I will travel to Singapore next month, so we shall see if this has any effect on my condition, although my trip may be too short (just a few days) to have a real effect... As for the food, I doubt it could be the cause. Here again, I am extremely cautious about what I take, especially when I eat outside, and I am also a quasi vegetarian. Besides this, I have no problem with my face skin at all. I agree with your idea of eliminating things one by one. I have stopped using any of those cleaning products at home without wearing gloves (I didn't use much of them before, anyway). But this had no effect on my condition. I wish to try  this anti-bacterial soap you mention: could you specify what it is? Is Dial the brand name? And where exactly at MBK can you find it?

I think that there are 2 steps in the resolution of my problem: 1. To get  rid of it. 2. To prevent it from coming back. Right now, I am working at step 1.

When I used to live in Bangkok I suffered very dry skin, resolved compeletely when I moved to the countryside. I think it's all the a/c in Bangkok (which they keep up way too high), dries the air up...and of course the smog is such that one can hardly spend much time outdoors there. I found Nivea cream (not the lotions, but the very thick cream they sell in those round cans -- it's pure lanolin) worked best. Aristocort is a steroid and has a drying effect, it's only useful is the problem in allergic which it doesn't sound to be. Turning down the a/c where you live and work, or if that's not feasible aiding a room humidifer in the bedroom, may help too and certainly you should avoid excessive hand-washing and use only the mildest of soaps.

there is something in the air in bangkok.  I don't know what it is, but I know it is there.  why, you ask? 

..I used to leave a pair of rubber gloves out in my balcony all the time.  you know, the orange ones you buy at big c to wear when you clean the dishes.  anyway, I noticed that they would become brittle really fast.  thought that maybe it was because they were of poor quality. 

Did/does the sun shine onto your balcony at all? The sun tends to have that effect on most stuff, even us.

There is something in the air in Bangkok though. It's similar to the stuff you'll find in most big cities.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest for who ever is interested. I have been doing some email with Morbius about this. I have conclude that it is the water. The reason became known to me over the last week. I have psoriasis and when I shower there was a subtle but distinct burning sensation on my psoriasis patches. The last 2 weeks the burning has stopped and the new dry patches on my hands are fading to be normal. I did contact the American Embassy to see if they could figure it out. They sent me to the CDC and the CDC sent me to WHO. That is where it is now. I suspect they may send me to WHAT , WHERE and WHEN later. The only question is it this seasonal or what? Does anyone have more input? There could be a second element that is airborne too.

Extracts in seafood can actually cause skin problems. You might look to supplement your diet with natural oils if you must but being vegetarian will not be a contributing factor if you maintain a healthy diet. Doctors will tell you that the vegetarians among us have better skin than those who eat regular portions of meat.

Edited by OxfordWill

I often have on my heels when I stay in Bkk. Usually I shall cream my hand with hand cream , and for the feet I shall cream them with Dr. Scholl, a very good cream or I shall cream UREA Cream from dr. or Nevea cream. Didnt like the greasy but cant help, feet looks like crocodile and hard.

Try to avoide too much washing with water and soap. Cream your hands thick with cream and wear cotton grove during sleeping. Just an ordinary Nevea Cream ( the good old and greasy blue trademark one ), it's quite unbelievable result too.

Or you have some sickness. Visit a good Dr. like in Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Hope it helps !!! :o

Again, thanks to all for the useful comments.

I am back in Bangkok after spending 5 days in Singapore. I noticed a significant improvement that started 2 days after I left Thailand. I did not use any skin product on my hands during that time. Of course, now that I am back in BKK, my skin problems are back too!

I remain convinced that the cause of the problem is either in the air, the water or the weather at the place where I live in BKK.

Here is the latest for who ever is interested. I have been doing some email with Morbius about this. I have conclude that it is the water. The reason became known to me over the last week. I have psoriasis and when I shower there was a subtle but distinct burning sensation on my psoriasis patches. The last 2 weeks the burning has stopped and the new dry patches on my hands are fading to be normal. I did contact the American Embassy to see if they could figure it out. They sent me to the CDC and the CDC sent me to WHO. That is where it is now. I suspect they may send me to WHAT , WHERE and WHEN later. The only question is it this seasonal or what? Does anyone have more input? There could be a second element that is airborne too.

John, are you certain that it is the water in your case? Have you then considered doing some analysis of the running water you use at the place where you live? There must be labs in BKK able to do this, although I have no idea where they are.

Hi there.. I don't really know about how to cure all those cuts, and I'm sure you've got a lot from the other posts already, but I know that baby oil always helps to moisten ur skin.. and takes away all that crappy dryness. It'll even be better if you can put Vaseline petrolium jelly before bed, coz that's the best thing ever. :o