Sport Sandals In Chiang Mai?

Pikey

Anyone know if I can buy this type of thing here in Chiang Mai? I'm looking for something like the Teva Dozer or Keen Newport. A kind of cross between a training shoe and a sandal with good toe protection.

This is the kind of thing I am looking for:

sandal.jpg

I've scoured Kad Suan Kaew and Central Aiport but to no avail. Any leads?

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

Anyone know if I can buy this type of thing here in Chiang Mai? I'm looking for something like the Teva Dozer or Keen Newport. A kind of cross between a training shoe and a sandal with good toe protection.

sandal.jpg

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

Possibley Chang Khlan RD Night Market.

I'm sure I saw a closed toe Teva at Super Sports in Airport Plaza a few months ago. Not exactly like the Keen you have pictured but close. And Crocs have recently come out with a similar style. I tried them on at Robinsons within the last month.

I finally gave up looking for something similar in Thailand. I looked EVERYWHERE for something similar to the Keen sandals. I finally gave up and bought mine in Canada. It's too bad really, because I need the covered toe piece for changing gears on my motorbike.

sandal.jpg

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

Try the large footwear shop in Chang Moi Rd at the intersection of the Soi that has the Chinese Temple in it..they have an extensive range of sandals and may have them..failing that another shop Chang Klan Rd before entrance to Anusarn Market (same side) and another opposite side closer to Pantip Plaza.

• 3 weeks later...

ran across your shoes today at central department store kad suan kaew.

crocks brand, similar style to your posted photo with toe protection.

they're on a column-mount display in the newly-renovated sport shoe section,

next to the cash register.

• 9 months later...

I ended up geting a mate to post some from the US for me - about $50 from an online store with a discount coupon. Really comfortable and holding up well to almost daily wear. I had him take them out of the box and wrap them in brown paper. Posted USPS and no tax at this end.

I have since seen "Geox" on the ground floor of Central Airport Plaza and also something similar at Central KSK but in both cases, a lot more expensive.

Cheers,

Pikey.

sandal.jpg

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

Try the large footwear shop in Chang Moi Rd at the intersection of the Soi that has the Chinese Temple in it..they have an extensive range of sandals and may have them..failing that another shop Chang Klan Rd before entrance to Anusarn Market (same side) and another opposite side closer to Pantip Plaza.

Does this shop live up to its name......do they have large sizes (11UK) in a range of footwear? :)

Floor 3 in Robinsons has a vast selection of stuff from overseas. Prices very steep though, such as Geox. Saw some similar to those yesterday in the sports store on the same floor... had the lip at the front but not as many straps, around 3k.

Try the large footwear shop in Chang Moi Rd at the intersection of the Soi that has the Chinese Temple in it ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Rod,

Would appreciate your saying how close this Soi that goes into Chang Moi is to the river and Talat Wararot: past the intersection with Ratchawong ? past the intersection with Kampaengdin ?

thanks, ~o:37;