Singapore To Bkk

filipef

I will arrive in Singapore on February 7th, at 16.30, flying with Lufthansa and I want to go to BKK. Would it be better for me to stay overnight in Singapore and fly to BKK only next morning (and to Samet, my final destination, by taxi), or to catch another plane still on the 7th?

As I have to pass passport control, catch my bag, check-in again and pass passport control again, would I have time enough to catch a 19.50 plane to BKK, for instance?

Wich airline, having these aspects in mind, should I prefer?

Thank you for your information.

I will arrive in Singapore on February 7th, at 16.30, flying with Lufthansa and I want to go to BKK. Would it be better for me to stay overnight in Singapore and fly to BKK only next morning (and to Samet, my final destination, by taxi), or to catch another plane still on the 7th?

As I have to pass passport control, catch my bag, check-in again and pass passport control again, would I have time enough to catch a 19.50 plane to BKK, for instance?

You have more than enough time and can probably fit in a City tour also :) . Seriously, stop worrying and just make the connection, you'll be sat around at the gate with ample time to spare - also consider routing yourself through to your final destination (Bangkok) and that way you will not have to pick up your luggage and check in again. As for airlines, take your pick, Thai Airways is OK for me.

You don't need to stay for the night if you don't want to.

Easiest way to continue is to book ticket sin - bkk with one of the star alliance airlines as that way you do not need to clear immigration. Just check in all the way to bangkok from your departure city. At least your luggage can be checked all the way even if you need to get to transfer desk to get boarding pass in singapore.

This is not the cheapest option, if you want to save some money you need to collect your bags and check-in again. Presently i found Tiger air to be the cheapest to bangkok. It operates from budget terminal but singapore is quite fast to get thru. If you leave 3 hours between the flights you should be ok.

Singapore is nice though for a night out but again you can make your stopover with less money in Bangkok and take the bus to samet the next day.

Thank you, chiang mai and MJo.

If MJo is right and i must leave 3 hours between flights, Tiger is out (last flight departing at 18.00 and I'm arriving at 16.30).

Singapore Airline's last flight is at 18.50 (668 SGD, 2 pax), Air Asia's at 20.40 (518 SGD) and Thai Airways' at 21.00 (590 SGD).

Thai seemed to be the best option, if, like MJO said, I could check my luggage from Lisbon (my departure city). But Lufthansa, wich i called this morning, said I can't, because I will not be using only one ticket.... Bad luck, it seems.

So, the coice wil be between Thai and Air Asia.

For maximum convenience go with Thai at 2100 and check your bag all the way through. For best value - Air Asia at 2040 for half the price. You will need to collect your bag and re-check it, but you've got plenty of time to spare. Changi is regularly voted amongst the world's best airports, and with good reason. You won't find it difficult to pass a few hours there.

Thank you, chiang mai and MJo.

If MJo is right and i must leave 3 hours between flights, Tiger is out (last flight departing at 18.00 and I'm arriving at 16.30).

Singapore Airline's last flight is at 18.50 (668 SGD, 2 pax), Air Asia's at 20.40 (518 SGD) and Thai Airways' at 21.00 (590 SGD).

Thai seemed to be the best option, if, like MJO said, I could check my luggage from Lisbon (my departure city). But Lufthansa, wich i called this morning, said I can't, because I will not be using only one ticket.... Bad luck, it seems.

So, the coice wil be between Thai and Air Asia.

I'm not sure where you are getting your prices from, but on their own websites Thai are quoting 223SGD, and Air Asia 99SGD

Sorry - just realised you are talking 2 pax!!

Edited by KhunDave

Edited by thaibear1