Travel By Bus To Nakhon Phanom

Nowhereman60

spacer.gifI am looking for any recommendations on buses to Nakhon Phanom actually final destination is Tat Phanom from Bangkok. I live in Thailand so I have taken buses before but only to the South. I prefer something like the government 24 passenger VIP bus. Does anyone have any information or recommendations on a good company or should I take the government bus from Mo Chit. If you know cost that would be helpful also.

that 999 bus IS the govmtbus-=and starts from MOchit. good luck in booking a seat. Buses work very much the same way as to the south-simply go to the MOchit (except on very busy start of Thai holiday times) and find something. Direct buses to That Pnm will be rare-but Nkrn Pnm not at all-then its just a short local bus next morning. Mukdaharn might serve the same.

VIP means nothing in Thai buses-its either 2nd, 1st or superdeluxe=999 class. )technically this is also 1st cl.), has to with licensing. ALL buses from Mochit2 are govmt regulated-and a very, very few run by BoKoSo=the assuemed (it is not really) ''govmt. bus''

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nowhereman60

What Mr Conrad Has stated is about right, but you can get the VIP coach from Mo-Chit to That Phanom direct

Coach leaves twice a day, 999 is the right coach company as Mr Conrad correctly stated

The overnight bus is ok, stops around midnight for a VIP meal near Kohn Kean VIP being something warm with rice

Arriving in That at around 04-30 - 05-30 depending on traffic,

Day time coach is a good way to see the north eastern area very well

I have used it a few times when unable to fly into Nakhon Phanom

Which may be a better idea 45 min flight from BKK and around 45km from That Phanom, If you are visiting family get them to collect you as there is no taxi service in Nakhon Phanom airport, Bus from Nakhon Bus station every 30 mins to That Phanom, but you cant get to the bus station from the airport without transport

I may be able to help arrange a car to pick you up and take you to That Phanom from Nakhon Phanom airport PM Me if I can help

Any other info etc on That Phanom required feel free to ask

Shaggs

Hi Nowhereman60

What Mr Conrad Has stated is about right, but you can get the VIP coach from Mo-Chit to That Phanom direct

Coach leaves twice a day, 999 is the right coach company as Mr Conrad correctly stated

The overnight bus is ok, stops around midnight for a VIP meal near Kohn Kean VIP being something warm with rice

Which may be a better idea 45 min flight from BKK and around 45km from That Phanom, If you are visiting family get them to collect you as there is no taxi service in Nakhon Phanom airport, Bus from Nakhon Bus station every 30 mins to That Phanom, but you cant get to the bus station from the airport without transport

I may be able to help arrange a car to pick you up and take you to That Phanom from Nakhon Phanom airport PM Me if I can help

Shaggs

Two notes:

-- Can't fly to NKP right now, PBAir doesn't have any airplanes and no other airline has yet taken up the route;

-- Last time flew to NKP, Feb 2008, there were a couple of "taxi" vans at the airport for transport any hotel downtown. They filled up the van and made different drop offs.

Mac

Hi Nowhereman60

Shaggs

Two notes:

-- Can't fly to NKP right now, PBAir doesn't have any airplanes and no other airline has yet taken up the route;

-- Last time flew to NKP, Feb 2008, there were a couple of "taxi" vans at the airport for transport any hotel downtown. They filled up the van and made different drop offs.

Mac

Does anyone know if any flights to NKP or Sakon Nakon soon?

• 4 weeks later...

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi - to Nakhon Phanom

Day Flight No. Dep. Arr. Fleet Dur.

Mo Tu

9Q876 14:40 16:20 AT7 (TG) 1.40 (hrs.)

We Th Fr Sa Su

9Q876 14:40 16:20 AT72 (PG) 1.40 (hrs.)

Nakhon Phanom - Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Day Flight No. Dep. Arr. Fleet Dur.

Mo Tu

9Q877 16:50 18:30 AT7 (TG) 1.40 (hrs.)

We Th Fr Sa Su