Yearly Bonus - Holiday - Employees

People who runs their own business with thai employees

1. how many days off for holiday?

2. How much bonus at the end of a year?

3. Is the bonus paid one year from the date the employee was hired, or are all employees paid in the end of the year? What is standard?

and also, also if someone has an idea how thai companies does it, that would also be interesting to hear.

There is a different standard for Thai/Japanese/Western (MNC) companies operating in Thailand.

I will use the standard MNC Western standard as it the best, and focuses on personal performance without giving things away for free of killing employees with long hours and overtimes (Thai and Japanese companies)

Annual Leave - 10 days min 15 days max plus all national public holidays

Bonus - Variable (a combination of an employees and company's performance) - not fixed or guarantied.

Bonus is paid normally at the end of January's salary payment to cover the annual period from Jan - Dec.

Employees who join mid-year or somewhere in between are generally given a pro-rata bonus if they are out of their probationary periods.

I hope this helps..

I work for a Thai company and paid vacation is 10 days per year + national holidays

They also have profit sharing, which is based upon the company's performance and employee performance (given as a multiple of mo salary)

The profit sharing is given to all employees at the same time annually (Chinese New Year). If an employee has not worked a full year, they will need to wait until the following year before they are eligible for profit sharing.

Edited by CWMcMurray

There is a different standard for Thai/Japanese/Western (MNC) companies operating in Thailand.

I will use the standard MNC Western standard as it the best, and focuses on personal performance without giving things away for free of killing employees with long hours and overtimes (Thai and Japanese companies)

Annual Leave - 10 days min 15 days max plus all national public holidays

Bonus - Variable (a combination of an employees and company's performance) - not fixed or guarantied.

Bonus is paid normally at the end of January's salary payment to cover the annual period from Jan - Dec.

Employees who join mid-year or somewhere in between are generally given a pro-rata bonus if they are out of their probationary periods.

I hope this helps..

Yes, thank you.

You say 10 days annual leave, if an employee started working in the company just recently, say 3 months, and ask for days off, would he be allowed, or does he have to work for a whole year, before he can ask for a vacation?

is it most common that the whole company closes down, and everyone has a set vacation, or is it as common to have the employees themselves suggesting it whenever they want?

About bonuses, can you give me a hint what would be an expected bonus in terms of percentage, and how it is calculated?

I work for a Thai company and paid vacation is 10 days per year + national holidays

They also have profit sharing, which is based upon the company's performance and employee performance (given as a multiple of mo salary)

Do you have an idea of how they calculate the bonus? If the company have an 100% improvement profit from last year, does that mean, an 100% salary bonus? If employee earns 12 000 THB, he will get 24 000 THB as an annual bonus?

And what if the company made less profit than last year? Employees get no bonus?

Edited by ayayay

• 1 month later...