Last Month's Win Update

opalhort

Last month we all got a big update for XP. I held off installing it due to reports of problems, but did now install the 'critical' items and see on problems.

Now two days ago I got a new update notification which appears to be an update to the previous update.

Original update was 974455 (MS09-054) for IE6

Here is the new one:

post-3742-1257768705_thumb.jpg

Did anybody get this update? If so, did it cause any problems?

My OS: XP pro SP3 IE6. got the same note on both PCs with the same OS.

opalhort

I assume you use an alternative Browser like Firefox or Chrome and this is why you still use IE6, right? :)

welo

PS That was probably the most 'offtopish' and useless post in my entire Thaivisa career :D

I assume you use an alternative Browser like Firefox or Chrome and this is why you still use IE6, right? :)

welo

PS That was probably the most 'offtopish' and useless post in my entire Thaivisa career :D

Yes my main browser is Chrome but some sites including occasionally TV have problems with it so I just use the good old IE6.

As for the update M$ offered, according to M$ it applies to every IE version (5-8) if the user has installed the previous update 974455 (MS09-054).

That's why I asked if anybody else got this addional update to the previous update.

Here is the relevant link to M$ INFO

opalhort