Thai Airways

Rinrada

Thai Airways........

They have done it AGAIN..................Lost me AIR MILES.......WTFK :D

Both KW and I check in together,both give our FF.Numbers,She gets her but mines go "Bhai hae pon" ...AGAIN :D ....how do they DO it?

Nice answer from The ROCI (missing air miles club) Club...just as well that I always hang on to the boarding cards etc...

Sirs..(from TG)

By the way, for your missing miles on flight ..... :D:D on

may we request the boarding passes and ticket copies from you once again so that we can do the corrective action accordling.

Yours sincerely,

and to follow on...anybody travelling on codes "V and "W"....will get..NO MORE AIR MILES :D

Announcement:

Please be informed that effective from 1 JUN 2005, booking class codes “V”

and “W” are not eligible for mileage accrual.

It looks as though this is a bit of Strat .for attracting only your high spending "dosh punters"and bearing in mind how expensive TG tickets can be it looks as though what one might justify as a small incentive to use them will shortly be removed.

Told KW to sell her shares but she dosnt believe that they TG could be so stupid and will investigate to clarify......cant do dat.....(quote)

Today POO AIRs on the way out............tomorrow................. :o

Haven't had a problem with my air-miles as yet but admit this is the only reason I fly with Thai, as I 've built a good sum. I would probably fly with Eva if I had the choice as they tend to be much cheaper.

What do the codes V and W indicate?

Not surprised...I have had issues with crediting air miles on planes, hotels, and rental cars. It's like pulling teeth to get credited, I think their view is most people might give up after a while, but I'm relentless until I receive my credited miles. Yes - I keep all documentation until I have the miles in my account.

Also not surprised with cut backs, not as bad as only crediting for certain class types as Thai has done, but free upgrades, bonus miles, and other laden incentives that were prevalent in years past seems to have disappeared too.

What do the codes V and W indicate?

Fare class. 'V' and 'W' are cheaper economy class fares. 'Y' is generally full-fare economy class.

Something to ponder over........... :o

Fare class Codes.. :D

Within each travel class there are often different fare classes, relating to ticket or reservation restrictions and used to enhance opportunities for price discrimination.

Passengers within the same travel class receive the same quality of accommodation and may indeed sit next to each other; however, the price or restrictions they face for that accommodation will vary depending on the fare class.

For example, full fare economy class passengers (booking code Y) are usually able to make changes to their reservation, while discount economy class passengers in the lowest booking code usually have tickets that are non-refundable, non-upgradeable, non-transferable, or non-changeable without a hefty fee.

Airline fare classes are commonly indicated by letter codes, but the exact hierarchy and terms of these booking codes vary greatly from carrier to carrier.

First class codes A, F, P, R, Z

On domestic flights, F commonly indicates first class on a two-cabin plane.

If a three-cabin aircraft is used, P (for "premium") may be used to distinguish the higher level of service in first class.

The R code indicated supersonic transport and is no longer used with the retirement of the Concorde.

The A and Z codes may indicate a first class ticket whose fare is reduced due to restrictions on refunds, advance reservation requirements, or other terms.

Business class codes C, J, D, I

On many airlines, C or J indicate full fare business class, whereas discounted and thus restricted and un-upgradeable fares are represented by D or I.

Economy class codes Full fare: Y, B, H, M

Special or discount fares: K, Q, L, G, O, U, S, T, V, W

In most airlines, a full fare, unrestricted economy ticket is booked as a Y fare.

Full fare tickets with restrictions on travel dates, refunds, or advance reservations are commonly classed as B, H, or M, although some airlines may use S, W, or others.

Heavily discounted fares, commonly T or W, not only will not permit cabin upgrades, refunds, or reservation changes, but may require Internet booking, not credit miles or elite status credit in a frequent flyer program, or impose many other restrictions. ...From June TG V-W. :D

Other fare codes are restricted for use by consolidators, group charters, or travel industry professionals.

Most low-cost carriers have greatly simplified the fare classes they use to a handful of cases, unlike the dozens employed by a traditional airline. :D

Not surprised...I have had issues with crediting air miles on planes, hotels, and rental cars. It's like pulling teeth to get credited, I think their view is most people might give up after a while, but I'm relentless until I receive my credited miles. Yes - I keep all documentation until I have the miles in my account.

The situation is better now in terms of all types of mileage being credited without a fight than it was say, ten years ago. It can still be frustrating though getting certain types of mileage credited, like that earned from rental car partners, hotels, etc.

Also not surprised with cut backs, not as bad as only crediting for certain class types as Thai has done, but free upgrades, bonus miles, and other laden incentives that were prevalent in years past seems to have disappeared too.

THAI's frequent flier program has always been pretty stingy.

I've always wondered why THAI requires that one submit original boarding passes (i.e. not a photocopy) when seeking uncredited flight miles. Are they worried that some flier will seek credit twice? If so, are they too stupid to look if credit has already been issued for a particular flight? :o

I've had a few problems with TG FF points - usually if I upgrade an economy ticket to business at the airport they only credit me econ. They did it again last week. I showed my card at purchase, at upgrade payment and at check-in. Last time they did I sent a letter to TG australia with the boarding pass and heard nothing again!!

So they're pretty hopeless.

But it is still WAY better than QANTAS FF Club!!!

I too had a niggly problem with an upgrade recently - which had the effect of pissing me off, rather than incentivising me to use Thai again.

They had sent out by post some complimentary certificates to wait-list for stand-by upgrade, which I cannot normally use, travelling with KW and rug-rats as I invariably do. So I was pleased to have to make a solo-journey, with the chance to actually use this freebie, having paid very-full price for a 5-month return ticket.

I poll up to check-in at LHR, presnt all the bumf and attempt to claim my place on the standby wait-list (Big Deal ! :D ), only to have my attention drawn to the small-print. "You can't use the certificate with this sector - as the ticket-code is too cheap".

This on a ticket costing £659 LHR-BKK-CNX return - which I consider to be a very full price for low-season !

And then they offered the upgrade on the 1-hour BKK-CNX sector, as this had a different code, and would therefore qualify. <deleted> :o

I had really looked forward to a bit of extra comfort, a taste of the good old days of 1st-Class expense-account travel, so found this doubly disappointing.

Throw in the lack of seat-back screens, the limited & always poxy range of audio options, one has to ask - why do we fly TG at all ? :D

Seriously though ... don't they realise that, with the likes of Emirates & Qatar-Airways and Etihad all adding capacity at good prices & ordering the new Airbus double-deckers, there is now serious competition on the London-BKK route ?

They had sent out by post some complimentary certificates to wait-list for stand-by upgrade, which I cannot normally use, travelling with KW and rug-rats as I invariably do.

I roll up to check-in at LHR, presnt all the bumf and attempt to claim my place on the standby wait-list (Big Deal ! :D ), only to have my attention drawn to the small-print.

"You can't use the certificate with this sector - as the ticket-code is too cheap".

This on a ticket costing £659 LHR-BKK-CNX return - which I consider to be a very full price for low-season !

And then they offered the upgrade on the 1-hour BKK-CNX sector, as this had a different code, and would therefore qualify. <deleted> :o

I had really looked forward to a bit of extra comfort, a taste of the good old days of 1st-Class expense-account travel, so found this doubly disappointing.

Throw in the lack of seat-back screens, the limited & always poxy range of audio options, one has to ask - why do we fly TG at all ? :D

I had exactly the same similar thing...Star Alliance sent me either 4-6 standby Upgrades and like you I thought ..well done Star.A and T.G. :D

They were valid for 12 months but as you said when you go to check in it was a case of ...NO WAY ...HO-ZA....Wrong Codes...

Again as you said they were OK and could be used on the almost empty 1 hour flight to Chiang Mai...but c"mon :D

Might be a case soon of .....China Air.......Can I come back with you again please :D (still got my Goldie with them) :D

we have lost the miles for the trip to LOS last July or more exactly my wife never had hers credited.

I rang the airline recently and was informed they are gone, you only have 6 months to query and after that it's too late, even if you have the boarding passes.

I am re-thinking using this airline in the future.

Up until recently, I had never bothered with airmiles and had no idea how that worked. My wife has been accumulating them for a while and we're planning on going to Canada next August so I checked how many miles we needed for the trip.

That's when I learned that,according to the airlines, the earth's circumference went from 24,901.55 miles to a whopping 180,000 miles as they are asking for 95 000 miles to fly to Canada :o

Their airmiles are in reality only 1/8 of a mile if my calculations are right.

Airmiles, what a catchy and misleading name.

[

quote=britmaveric,2005-04-08 17:51:20]

They had sent out by post some complimentary certificates to wait-list for stand-by upgrade, which I cannot normally use, travelling with KW and rug-rats as I invariably do.

I roll up to check-in at LHR, presnt all the bumf and attempt to claim my place on the standby wait-list (Big Deal ! :o ), only to have my attention drawn to the small-print.

same thing happened to me. Would not mind so much but I have never had an upgrade whereas thai friends say they often get them and even from ecconomy-first, none are gold card members. After going thai about 50 times I have had enough of the food and crappy entertainment so have decided to try Eva, the miles knockout is the last straw, idiots-peter

Edited by thai3

Right on Thai3. I have had the same thing happen to me. I very recently tried to up grade to first class(never have flown first class before). They told first class was full. During the flight I walked up there and looked. I counted 6 empty seats. :o The flight in general was not very full. Now, I am a gold card member, and I have 230,103 miles in my account. Just checked. I have never been upgraded to first class (try as I might). My Thai friends have been upgraded from economy to first a couple of times. They have no gold card, silver card, no card what so ever. :D I for one have had enough of Thai Air. Good bye Thai, Hello EVA. They get my business now.

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade certificates

I received upgrade certificates from Thai/Star Alliance.

My friend and I had to make a trip to Sydney on Thai, stopping over in Bangkok for a few days.

When checking in at LHR I too was told that my fare basis was too low to qualify for the free upgrade. Tried again in Bangkok for the flight to Sydney................same story.

But then............................when we checked in at Sydney, I presented the certificates again. The lady at the check-in desk had never seen these before and had to go to find out what they were all about.

When she came back she said that we had to wait until the flight was checked in and they would then see if seats were available.

I said that I rather not wait that long, could we have it now......................?

She went back to see her supervisor, 5 minutes later she came back with two business class boarding passes. All done, we had a comfortable flight back to Bangkok. Even my friend flew on one of my upgrade certificates.

It goes to show that everything is possible.

FRM-UK

2-3 years ago I got frequent free upgrades on Thai - from economy to business and business to First a couple of times, and I do have a gold card.

However, it seems to be that they give upgrades more frequently when flying out of Bangkok than when flying out of Heathrow. (It might be related to the different tax in the UK depending on your class of travel though - as I did get a free upgrade from business to first at Heathrow, just never from economy to business).

Last year only saw upgrades from the Star Alliance upgrade vouchers. This seemed to be because they gave out so many vouchers that anyone flying to Bangkok on Thai that had ever joined a frequent flyer program had the upgrade vouchers. (My brother had the same issue as a lot of other posters, despite having the upgrade vouchers, he couldn't get an upgrade on several attempts because business was always already "full" - at least according to the people at check-in).

Have always flown Thai because I'm 6'2", and one thing Thai does have in economy is decent leg room. Also, it's less hassle when my wife's flying as things like menus are in Thai, etc. Also, as a family, we have so many frequent flyer miles, most of us will be flying to the UK for free (or at least tax-only) this summer.

I hope Thai hurry up and roll out the services that they've got on their planes for the NY route onto their other routes soon. Otherwise I can really see us changing carrier after this summer. (as all our airmiles will have dropped dramatically).

Just checked my mileage statements from Thai and all my flights are under the code 'Q'.

How do I make sure that when I book that my booking does not fall under the codes that will not accumulate mileage? I book online, usually through Expedia. is there anyway of telling what code I'm booking under? I've been getting the flights recently for under £400

How do I make sure that when I book that my booking does not fall under the codes that will not accumulate mileage

You simply have to ask - well if a travel agent you can (dunno about Expedia)

If its a paper ticket you can see the code on there.

Of course its terribly opaque - a lot of tears will be shed and arguments over this stingy move.

I have spoken to a number of travel agents about this (also the Thai ROCKI CLUB London office)and they all confirm that anyone travelling after 1st June on the "LOW LIFE" flight class designation of V and W will not get any awarded air milage.....even if you only need 1 or 2 for a GOLD card...you are P.Non.G:annoyed:

If on the other hand you buy the regular tic (Lon/Bang) R/T via the TG web site @ £650 + T you will be OK :o

China Air ...come back all is forgiven :D

Just checked my mileage statements from Thai and all my flights are under the code 'Q'.

How do I make sure that when I book that my booking does not fall under the codes that will not accumulate mileage? I book online, usually through Expedia. is there anyway of telling what code I'm booking under? I've been getting the flights recently for under £400

At that kind of price and through Expedia and the like, it's 99.99% certain that your tickets won't qualify. :o

At that kind of price and through Expedia and the like, it's 99.99% certain that your tickets won't qualify. :o

That's what I'm worried about but my past bookings have all been under the Q code and not V or W

Incid Q should be OK :D

however....

ROCKY CLUB.....trying to cover all angles :o

On Star Alliance operated flights, you earn the same miles as you do on THAI.

However, some discounted Economy Class fares with designated booking class codes, designated routes, or short haul flights may not qualify for full mileage accrual...

and..

Airline Booking Class Accrual Percentage......... :D

Air Canada All domestic flights only: A,B,G,H,I,K,L,Q,R,T,U,V.......50 %

except A class effective from Oct 1, 2003

All Nippon Airways B,G,H,K,L,M,S,W............70%

1 July 2004...T..........................................50%

Austrian Airlines Group G,W,S,Q................ 50%

Asiana Airlines V,W....................................70%

LOT Polish Airlines G,W................................50%

Lufthansa S,W..............................................50%

T,L........................................................ no miles

Singapore Airlines G,N,Q,R,V......................No miles (dont think TG like Singers Air.....wot about the wing tip......want it back krup :D )

Note Should any sector in a Economy class ticket contain these classes, the entire ticket will not be eligible for mileage.

Spanair G,K,Q,V,W.........................................50%

http://www.thaiair.com/Royal_Orchid_Plus/E...ce_airlines.htm

I called TG today about using up some of my miless.In fact I used them to go CMX BKK PEN return for a flight leaving on Monday..no ploblem at all.In fact for the next month or so they have a 20% discount on miles used for upgrades or tickets.

So as the actress said to the Bishop..."get in while you can" :o

I called TG today about using up some of my miless.In fact I used them to go CMX BKK PEN return for a flight leaving on Monday..no ploblem at all.In fact for the next month or so they have a 20% discount on miles used for upgrades or tickets.

So as the actress said to the Bishop..."get in while you can" :D

Thats the idea...before they LOSE :D them again.

Called the London "Rocki "club AGAIN about my MISSING air miles (sent off requested boarding cards about 6 weeks ago).

Are you sure you sent them...Yes..

What office...Here or Bangkok.........Here. :D

Let me check ...............................................OK.

O dear..............its Mr ................yes.................

Kor Tord krup....................Yes

We need a copy of you air ticket :D:o

:D How do they do it?

Anyway BTL. just booked a couple of returns on TG Lon-Bangers-Chiang Mai for for the end of the month (bank holiday weekend) for ..£400 ...so as suggested from the actress to the......B :D

Anyway BTL. just booked a couple of returns on TG Lon-Bangers-Chiang Mai for for the end of the month (bank holiday weekend) for ..£400 ...so as suggested from the actress to the......B

So you won't receive airmiles for that one will you? (as its into june)

London-Bangkok-V class (LOW LIFE)-OK

Bangkok-Chiang Mai-M Class -OK

Chiang Mai..also M Class and OK

Bangkok-London-V (LOW LOW LOWEST LIFE FORM ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET -WE DONT WANT YOU CHEAP MISERABLE POOR NON HI-SOs EXCUSSES WHO COME OVER HERE AND BUY UP CHIANG MAI and grow potatoes to make chips)CLASS-No Miles :o