New Car Released In Thailand

hackerthai

Hi

Can you give me some input: Is it better to buy new or a 4 year old used car.

2 ideas:

1) I know of a 2005 Toyota Varus with 70.000 km (so they say) for 345,000 baht or

2) Buy a new small car that is just out for 400.000 that someone mentioned recently. I didn't catch the name or where to buy it.

Maybe a Daihatsu.

Do you know of this new car just released in Thailand, if it is better than a 4 year old Toyota and where to buy it?

My budget is about 325-350,000 but if it is that much better to get a new car here in Phuket then I will save for it.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you,

buy any toyota that fits the budget it can be a compact car, midsize, or a 4X4. what i mean that fits the budget is that the model or year of released may vary. a toyota has a reasonable maintenance cost compare to other japaneses brand cars. they last long and can be re-sale at much higher price. i'm sure you do not want to buy a european car with the same budget that is constantly being fixed in the garage.

I just went through this process. After looking at used and new, including the Naza Forza and Proton Savvy both 349,000, I decided to get a new Toyota Yaris. The Forza and Savvy are more like go-carts on steroids than cars. Toyota's financing is easy for farang. If you pay half down then you don't need a Thai guarantor and it works out to about 6000 baht a month for 5 years. With your budget you could finance half a decently optioned Vios or Yaris and still have some left over.

And one other thing, don't bother with Toyota Pearl of Phuket. They think and act like they are the only game in town. Go to K Motors in Bangkok (there are many) and drive it back. You will have much more selection, better price, no waiting for the color you want, free options thrown in, And were not talking about the undercarriage rust protection Pearl wanted to sell me. I told the annoying sales lady at Pearl "Car already has." Then I went to K motors and when I asked about the rust protection to see what he would say, and the English speaking sales manager actually told me, "Don't bother, the car already has." !!! I was sold!! I still have his business card if you want his number PM me. He still calls me on occasion to see how I am doing!!

Edited by Scubabuddha

Recently went through the motions on buying a new Honda City here in Phuket. Impeccable service & the salesman never tried to sell any extras & went out of his way to get the best finance package & insurance deal (it pays to thoroughly check out all the available options on both).

Buy Toyota or Honda as other brands are hard to resell at a fair price. Prices offered to buy our Chevrolet Optra were ridiculously low even though it is a really good car to drive.

Toyota's new or used are the number 1 car in Thailand. All other do not count with the Thais.

Toyota is without doubt the number one in terms of sales but to say all other do not count is erroneous to say the least. I know many who much prefer to buy Honda when it comes to sedans, for pickups you can probably find an equal spread between Toyota & Isuzu. I believe Homda may have surpassed Toyota in some sedan sales

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Toyota-Vios-...ty-t274786.html

90%OF USED CARS HERE HAVE INCORRECT MILEAGE THE SPEEDOS HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED TO GET A HIGHER SELLING PRICE, toyotas have a good reputation all around the world they are not expensive to maintain and hold there resale value, i have had a lot of different cars and find toyota has been the best brand for me, you can definately get a better deal in bangkok as there is a lot of car dealers there in phuket there is only one toyota dealer, if you can afford a new car its definately the best way to go.

Hi

Your right about Toyota in Phuket, i bought mine from BKK as well saved me a lot of money and got a lot thrown in as well. I saved around 75.000 going to BKK and its a nice drive back in a new car.

Do you mind saying which model you bought & the price it would have cost in Phuket as it sounds like an interesting proposition to buy in Bangkok. I always throught it was slightly cheaper in BKK but not enough to warrant the cost of going there & bringing it back. Service is not an issue as with the main dealers you can get service anywhere in Thailand.

Hi

Your right about Toyota in Phuket, i bought mine from BKK as well saved me a lot of money and got a lot thrown in as well. I saved around 75.000 going to BKK and its a nice drive back in a new car.

Do you mind saying which model you bought & the price it would have cost in Phuket as it sounds like an interesting proposition to buy in Bangkok. I always throught it was slightly cheaper in BKK but not enough to warrant the cost of going there & bringing it back. Service is not an issue as with the main dealers you can get service anywhere in Thailand.

Hi

Fortuner, 1,2 mill and a lot of extras and i mean a lot + 1 year insurance, remember there is only 2 Toyota dealer in Phuket and it’s the same owner so no competition, they did not want to give me much for free. I don’t mind the cost going to BKK to buy it, and you know your car after the ride home to Phuket

And no problem with service in Phuket you get a smart card with the car and they just run it in the PC when in for service

Forgot: in Phuket i think they wanted 1,58 that time

Edited by HDRIDER

If you can wait to March 2010 then there will be the all new Nissan March...

Nissan has managed to meet all the requirements set by the Board of Investment to enjoy a raft of cuts in both manufacturing and excise taxes to enable the March's prices to start at under B400,000 in Thai showrooms when it is launched in March next year.post-42643-1258253320_thumb.png

post-42643-1258253306_thumb.jpg

Where in Phuket to buy a used Toyota Vios or Yaris?

My budget is 350,000 and don't really want to get financing.

What year is possible for this amount and where is the best place to buy.

I have had horrible experiences buying two older cars in phuket.

How can I know if the odomoter has been messed with and it is in good working order?

If a farong tells me they have been the only owner and the car has 70,000 do I trust his word or do I take it and get it inspected? if so where?

Is a car dealer or private party best?

Where to look?

Hi

Would you advise how to register car ex-BKK? Could BKK dealers arrange it by themselves for Phuket residents?

Hi

Hi

Fortuner, 1,2 mill and a lot of extras and i mean a lot + 1 year insurance, remember there is only 2 Toyota dealer in Phuket and it's the same owner so no competition, they did not want to give me much for free. I don't mind the cost going to BKK to buy it, and you know your car after the ride home to Phuket

And no problem with service in Phuket you get a smart card with the car and they just run it in the PC when in for service

Forgot: in Phuket i think they wanted 1,58 that time

I used to have the same experience with Toyota Pearl Phuket. Competition is tougher now, and I took delivery last week on a new Toyota in Phuket 5000 baht less expensive than Kmotors bkk. Free insurance and all the other stuff was 60k on a 950k vigo.Had to wait 45 days though, but that was the same all over cause they where waiting for the new VNturbo.

Would you advise how to register car ex-BKK? Could BKK dealers arrange it by themselves for Phuket residents?

It should be easy enough to change the registration to Phuket by yourself. It has to be inspected at the registration office & relevant forms filled ou Not sure how much but surely not too expensive.

To hackerthai may I suggest Sure Motors for a 2nd hand car. With cash you should be able to bargain down on the asking price. For your budget I imagine it will be a few years old.

It should be easy enough to change the registration to Phuket by yourself. It has to be inspected at the registration office & relevant forms filled ou Not sure how much but surely not too expensive.

To hackerthai may I suggest Sure Motors for a 2nd hand car. With cash you should be able to bargain down on the asking price. For your budget I imagine it will be a few years old.

very simple to change to phuket plate. bring book to dmv, sign a lot of docs and pay less than 1000 baht. come back one week later, have car inspected and get book back with new number on frontpage and return old plate for new

I'd go a new Proton for that money.

3 year warranty is piece on mind and they are much better these days than previous Proton cars.

http://www.protonthailand.com/index.php?ac...ome〈=en

Just be sure to drive one 1st. And only get the full manual versions. The AMT transmission is actually a manual that shifts by it's self when that mode is selected. There is a loooong clunky delay between shifiting. And in manual mode there is no clutch. Wierd.

Where in Phuket to buy a used Toyota Vios or Yaris?

My budget is 350,000 and don't really want to get financing.

What year is possible for this amount and where is the best place to buy.

I have had horrible experiences buying two older cars in phuket.

How can I know if the odomoter has been messed with and it is in good working order?

If a farong tells me they have been the only owner and the car has 70,000 do I trust his word or do I take it and get it inspected? if so where?

Is a car dealer or private party best?

Where to look?

HI

Phuketgazette

http://www.suremotor.net/vehicles.php

http://www.one2car.com/

Sure motors is not cheap