Falang Hit In Patong

ThaiRex

Was in Patong tonight when I saw a falang guy on a motorbike run over by a 6 wheel truck. It was infront of Molly Malones. He's alive but looked to be in some pretty bad shape. Just thought I'd post in case anyone had a friend or loved one missing. He looked to be in his 40's, and was wearing a white helmet. Seemed like the helmet may have saved his life. I don't have much more description as he was still under the truck when I saw him.

I hope he's ok. :)

the will probably make him pay for the damage to the truck, this being patong

What a completely ludicrous & callous thing to say. The OP put it up with a genuine desire to inform as the guy could be seriously injured & considered to be missing by family or friends. Why try to turn it into a Thai bashing exercise?

I hope he has health insurance,recently a good mate had a bad bang on step thru in nong kai helmet saved his life,but he is disoritentated,bang to the head,broken jaw,leg two place's,couple of finger's broken.No health insurance,nong kai hospital refused to treat him left him for a week on a drip and pain med's,moved him to gov hospital udon thani another four day's before he was treated now he is back in wales.Be warned.This is the world we live in.

I hope he has health insurance,recently a good mate had a bad bang on step thru in nong kai helmet saved his life,but he is disoritentated,bang to the head,broken jaw,leg two place's,couple of finger's broken.No health insurance,nong kai hospital refused to treat him left him for a week on a drip and pain med's,moved him to gov hospital udon thani another four day's before he was treated now he is back in wales.Be warned.This is the world we live in.

Yeah no kidding. If you have insurance keep it on you at all times, just like a drivers license, keys, wallet, and cellphone, AND helmet, whatever else you can't leave the house with.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Does he have life long injuries?

I had friend who got banged up North in Laos. He had a seizure and drove off a cliff. A list of injuries as you can imagine. Dr's gave his friends a bucket of water and a towel and told them the hospital was closing and would be back in the morning. 14 hours later he was driven to the Thai border, and then air vac to BKK than England. He's got permanant brain damage. I'm sure the lack of medical attention had mak maa to do with it.

As is the case with most head injuries until swelling of the brain goes down will you know how bad it really is.They reset a broken femur,so a limp is on the card's.

Sorry man about your mate these thing's ain't easy.

Now,most travel insurance will not cover motorcycle accident's and are riddled with small print,i was lucky my health insurance from home allow's me to upgrade (pay more) to long term international cover with no change to policy so at least you know what cover you have,plus you don't break cover if you ever return home.

Under thai law it is illegal to hire a motorcar/cycle to a person who does not hold a driving licence for whatever class of motor and must produce licence to hirer a law totally ignored by Royal Thai Police and hirer,wonder what the outcome would be if frang refused to pay on the spot "fine" and went to court.

Hope someday this info might help somebody. :)