Ubc/true

richieudon

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me regarding my UBC/True subscription....

I live near Udon Thani and am wondering if things are different up here.

I recently went back to the UK for 5 months and was told if I didn't pay my bill whilst away then it would be disconnected and just a matter of re-connecting when I came back.

When I went in the office to re-connect I got a bit confused. My Thai isn't that great so the wife came with me and she's confused also...

I was told I had to buy a True sim card for my phone and every month have to buy 50 baht top up from 7-Eleven and make a phone call to anyone, then pay the bill?

I have never heard of this before and still don't get it.

My bill is due on 18th of every month.

I went into the office the following month (last month) on 17th and paid for my packet gold and all was fine. I wasn't told I had to top up with the sim card and make a phone call at all.

Last night (16th) I thought to myself I must go in the UBC/True office tomorrow to pay my bill.

This morning all my packet gold has been scrambled. I just have the 6 or 7 free Thai channels.

My wife phoned the UBC/True office and was told there is a problem for packet gold in Thailand and gave us a Bangkok phone number.

I tried this but just get pushed around in circles by talking machines (press '9' for English and I get Thai, rather like the problems in the UK with phoning companies these days).

I just placed the True sim card in my phone and it says "sim card not registered"

So, now I am none the wiser.

Does anyone else have these problems?

None of my friends who mostly live down south or Bangkok have ever heard of you having to top up a sim card every month as part of paying your bill.

Has anyone else heard of a "Packet Gold problem?"

Please could anyone enlighten me on any of this?

It would be much appreciated

Yours

A very confused Richie who likes football!!!

Speculating but guessing your past payment issue is the problem.

Solution: Prepay your Gold Package for the year. I am sure they will welcome you back with open arms.

I'm sure they would but is there any reason for them to scramble my channels BEFORE the due date for payment?

Sometimes I have to go to work on short notice and my wife has her own satellite so paying for the year is not cost effective...

It may not have anything to do with your bill... may just be a technical problem.

This hapened to me before... I was told to pull out the card from the box and wait a minute and then put it back in...

That did not solve the problen, so I was then told to turn of the box and unplug it and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and turn it on.

The system re-booted and then worked fine...

Happened again about a year later... did the same things and nothing helped... so they sent out a tech the following day...

Once the tech came, he needed to replace the box and has been working fine now for over a year.

Edited by CWMcMurray

It may not have anything to do with your bill... may just be a technical problem.

This hapened to me before... I was told to pull out the card from the box and wait a minute and then put it back in...

That did not solve the problen, so I was then told to turn of the box and unplug it and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and turn it on.

The system re-booted and then worked fine...

Happened again about a year later... did the same things and nothing helped... so they sent out a tech the following day...

Once the tech came, he needed to replace the box and has been working fine now for over a year.

Hi

I have just been down to the UBC office and from what I gather there is a big problem with UBC.

They wouldn't allow me to pay my bill as now "Packet Gold" will be obsolete.

Of course our conversation was in broken Thai/English but it seems there really is a problem.

I live in a small town and this is not a major office/shop but will go to Udonthani tomorrow to try to rectify the problem.

He told me the movie channels will be going except for channel 12

I am a football lover and always boasted that I never miss a kick.

He also told me that with the new package you'll have to pay for what you watch.

Say for instance you are a Liverpool fan, you would pay 400 baht a month for 4 Liverpool games per month!

The sim card business I also can't get my head around.

He couldn't tell me why my sim suddenly stopped working.

Another thing I can't get my head around....

He said if I rented the box I could have packet gold for 1,580 baht per month with a 6 month contract.

Trouble is I bought my box and a second remote for another room in the house at a cost of 7,500 baht.

Seems I'm being punished for buying a box from UBC

So now a bit disgruntled as have no TV.

Luckily I have the internet and plenty of books.....